Small Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Not sure where to post? Let's talk small business! Be sure to visit each week for the latest Office Hours discussion.
Guide Me
star_border

Have you ever used a business mentor?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 1

Just wondering if anyone in this community has used a business mentor, and if you did, what types of results you received.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I used one from the Small Business Administration's SCORE program. He was very helpful.

https://www.score.org

Re: Have you ever used a business mentor?

# 3

@MikeJohnston I love SCORE. I'm actually a SCORE mentor myself.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @BrandonSchaefer,

Gaining insight and advice from those more skilled or those that have traveled a journey one is about to embark on is wise to do.

Personally, I have mentored, and I have learned much from them, too. I have been fortunate to have business & personal relations with some very successful business people that have taken time to provide me great insight over the years. Their information have been quite helpful to me and I am thankful for every minute they have given. 

I encourage anyone in business to do the same whenever possible. Mike's makes a great suggestion in using the SBA, which are there to assist a business in being successful. 

How about you? Have you had the opportunity to utilize one?

All the Best,

James

Re: Have you ever used a business mentor?

[ Edited ]
# 5

@James_Clemens I've been mentored myself - and I've mentored others, and both are super valuable.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @BrandonSchaefer,

That is really great of you to share your experience with others in this way. I am a firm believer that we build ourselves as we build others up. Intelligence needs to shared to make our communities the best possible.

Do you have any tips you would offer to others finding this thread in how to best seek help from a mentor? Questions they should ask, info to bring with them... stuff like that?

Kind Regards,

James