Analytics Academy
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

how can i share my analytics academy certification?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i had completed two courses in academy.. and got certification for that.. how can i share my certification publicly ?  No option for sharing my certificate ??

Fullscreen capture 17-03-2017 122642 PM.jpgno option for share

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James T :-))

- Is the URL of my certificate shareable / public? Can I share a link to my certificate on other social networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, etc.)?

Since the URL to your course certificate is private, no one else will be able to see your certificate if you just add the link to a social media profile. However, there are several other ways you can easily save and share the certificate with others.

Option 1: Printing your certificate

1. Go to the menu, and choose print page.
  2. On the left side in print options choose the Destination: Save to Google Drive (on Chrome) or Save as PDF (in other browsers).
  3. Choose the Layout as Landscape.
  4. Check the Headers & Footers option.
  5. Click the Save button.

Your Certificate will be saved as a PDF on your Google Drive or on your computer. From this file, you could create your own public link (like via Google Docs!) or just share the file with others.

Option 2: Screen Capture

Install this Chrome application from the link below. After installing, go to your certificate page and click the Screen Capture extension icon in your Chrome browser; you will be able to capture the whole page as an image and crop the image later if required.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/awesome-screenshot-screen/nlipoenfbbikpbjkfpfillcgkoblgpmj

Congrats on completing 2 of the courses!!

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Those (selfpublishing on e.g. drive) have always been (extra) options, but they do not serve the same purpose. 
Is has to be (as it used to be) hosted on a google website (whether it is academy for ads or google partners), because:
When selfhosting becomes the norm for 'sharing' certificates, the value of the certificate is undermined. It would now be 10 minutes work to photoshop the exact same certificate (read: an expired one, or one copied from someone else) to add 'Steven (wonderful guy) was a goddamn genius at Google Analytics/Adwords/etc, also very friendly', Signed Sundar Pichai.
Manipulating (photoshopping) was of course always possible but you would just check the domain to verify (no manipulated certificates could be published to google domain because you couldn't upload), now valid  certificates as well as 'Steven is a Google Analytics genius!' certificates have only drive domain with which owner ('publisher') can do anything.

//there was some confusion about this before, that's why the long (somewhat redundant) explanation. Please at some point fix this Google

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Steven P :-)

I agree regarding the actual GAIQ exam certification certificates. I too hope Google gets it fixed, as atm, you can no longer link to it from LinkedIn and so on. According to the FAQ page they are looking at adding this functionality back in for certification sharing.

https://support.google.com/academyforads/answer/7378254?hl=en&ref_topic=6373427

The Analytics Academy courses are not the GAIQ exam though, The analytics academy certificates are simply certificates of completion/participation in the course(s) that are offered, they have no expiry date and have never been hosted by Google like the certifications were.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: how can i share my analytics academy certification?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but recently also the Search and Display adwords certifications have moved to 'academy for ads'  (these are exam (now called 'assessments') based certifications with expiry date, which now face the same issue as the GAIQ) 
@Bronwyn V But it'll be sorted out soon it seems, thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey all, 

the sharing feature is still not available. somebody from Google, can we get a deadline on this please?