AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Your AdWords account - Test your logic and memory skills.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi friends, 

Thank you for showing great interest in the AdWords puzzles.

Now let's try a fun way to learn the A to Z our AdWord accounts. 

Are you familiar with every single page/feature of your AdWords account? Do you know which column is on which page? Which tab comes before and which after? What links are available on the left hand navigation etc? Which tabs appears when?

Yes? Great. 

Over to Top Contributor Tommy Sands, our logic guru (Shakuntala Devi of AdWords Community - see today's Google Doodle!)

Best,

Mini

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Your AdWords account - Test your logic and memory skills.

Top Contributor
# 38
Top Contributor

OK People...all things considered, I'm very happy with the effort and abilities of those who participated in this challenge.

Thanks for that!

Here's the final image with all (I think) errors outlined.

whatswrong-done.jpg

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Challenge is complete now - thanks to all who participated!

The updated image, the one with the highlighted answers so far, is at the end of this post.

Thanks Mini you're too kind...I'm not quite Shakuntala Devi but I'll take it Smiley Happy

Ok - Here's the deal.

Below is a picture from a typical AdWords account...or is it?

Approximately 20 items (depending on how you view them) have been displaced or are incorrect in some way. Can you identify them?

Let's try to spread the opportunity out here and identify one item at a time and post your response - pretty please.

Feel free to use screenshots or describe/highlight what you find.

Time to sharpen those neurons...

I Hope You Have Fun!!

-Tommy

Link to image if needed is here.

What's Wrong Here?

Correct answers...(updated 11/7/13 - 9:12 PM EDT) -

whatswrong-done.jpg

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
You've not made things easy Tommy but I'll start us off.

1 - The 2nd ad should have a green circle (just to the left of the ad) to say it's approved and running. It's currently showing a greyed out box which is a paused ad.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Tommy and
Your second Ad copy should reflect "Disapproved" in the "Status Column", which is available just right of Your Ads Column Because you have used Invalid Display URL "ppcbossnam.com". Thus your ad copy should be Disapproved.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi one more error I have found in your screenshot.

As you have displayed the Ads report but you are navigating the "Audience" Tab, that is incorrect you should be "Ads" Tab, which is available just 2nd right of Ad group Tab.
Audience Tab is used to run RLSA campaigns.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You have replaced the "Segment" tab with "Column". We have Segment Tab just right of "All but deleted Ads" and Column tab is 3rd right of "All but deleted ads".

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
As Mini has already added our great Mathematical puzzel guru Shakuntala Devi in the thread. So I thought you also played with Mathematical calculations. And I am correct and found some mistakes in calculations.

1. CTR of the 1st ad copy. It should be 4.74% instead of 4.47%.
2. All the data should be 0 in the 2nd ads as it is disapproved ads.
3. Conversion rate of 3rd ads should be 9.28% instead of 9.82%.
4. Cost of the 4th ads should be $290.08 instead of $280.08.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks Adam and Rakesh!

All correct so far. Rakesh, is off and running...

I think since it's been pointed out, the proper version of this view would be the ads tab.

BTW - I will do my best to see that our most active participants are rewarded in some way.

Come on people...you must think outside of the box....there are still many blatant errors and some a little more challenging ones left. Look at every aspect of the image...and I mean every. Smiley Happy

Here is what we've uncovered so far:

whatswrong-sofar1.jpg

-Tommy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Thanks Tommy,

One more error I found,

if you are navigating the Particular Ad group levels, you cannot see the campaign tab and Ad group Tab under ad group tab.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor