Guide Me
star_border

Weekly Wrap up: Week 2/17/2014 - 2/21/2014

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Here’s what was happening in the AdWords world last week:

LAUNCHES YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT

Last Week, Shopping Campaigns became available to all advertisers globally. Shopping campaigns are a new, retail-centric way to manage and promote your products on Google. It allows you to browse your inventory directly in AdWords, streamlining how you organize, bid and report on your Product Listing Ads.

Need more resources?

Check out:

ARTICLES AND THREADS IN THE COMMUNITY

Our User Spotlight this week was David Szetela, owner and CEO, FMB Media and author of the books: “Customers Now” and “PPC Advertising in One Hour a Day". Click Here to read his full interview. 

We had a very intense first round of our AdWords Trivia Game. The winner of Round 1 was Calin aka AdWiser. Runner ups include newcomers Ahmed Ali and Ollie. Watch for these two in Round 2 Friday, February 28th at 7 am PST, 8.30 pm IST, 3 pm GMT.

We had great user articles that will help with Branding, Conversions and Helpful Spring Cleaning Tips. Be sure to check out the following:

1. 4 Ways to Avoid Brand Blunders when using Google AdWords - Click Here
  2. Why is my Conversion Rate so Low? - Click Here
  3. 5 (Not Quite) Spring AdWords Cleaning Tips - Click Here

VIDEOS 

Our newest Hangout on Air installment featured our new Shopping Campaigns. Alex, Meredith, and Jordan discuss how to best take advantage of the new shopping campaigns in AdWords. Check it out by clicking here

On the Ask Adwords show, we talked about analytics currency, average position, what to do if your account gets suspended. Haven't seen it yet? Click here for the recap.

Honorable Mentions: Join Google product experts as they answer your questions live in this Location focused Hangout on Air. A constantly connected world means people are looking for information no matter their location. This video, posted Feburary 5th, discusses three ways marketers can use location as a signal to reach customers more effectively. Click Here to watch it now.  

See ya next week!

-Shanea

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Weekly Wrap up: Week 2/17/2014 - 2/21/2014

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Great stuff. The Shopping Campaigns are really confusing me. I guess I'm still in PLA mode Smiley Happy

Would it be possible to pass a message up the chain to the Learn With Google people? Could you get them to record the webinar in HD and POST IT TO YOUTUBE IN HD too? The low resolution that they post ALL their other webinars in is completely unwatchable when it comes to anything requiring detail on the screen. Just ask ANY of them to watch back ANY of their webinars on youtube and go to a scene where the AdWords UI is (supposed to be) visible.

Sorry to sound like a moan but it's INCREDIBLY frustrating and it's been like this for YEARS but nobody is listening. All it would take is one person who did the webinar to watch it back to see how awful it was. It looks like it was recorded on a calculator. To clarify, the HOA are all fine, the Learn With Google webinars are definitely not. 

Vent over. (Before I explode)

Re: Weekly Wrap up: Week 2/17/2014 - 2/21/2014

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hey Dave. Thanks for this feedback. I will definitely forward your suggestions and see what we can do.