AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Quizzical Pursuit 3 - Mobile Advertising (Part A)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi All,

Thank you for the enthusiastic participation on the Quizzical Pursuit 1 and Quizzical Pursuit 2.
Here's the next one:

Mobile Advertising (Part A)
Date: June 21, Tuesday
Time: 6.30 am PDT/ 7 pm IST/1:30 pm GMT/9.30 am EST

We will have a Mobile Advertising Part B on:
Date: June 23, Thursday
Time: 6.30 am PDT/ 7 pm IST/1:30 pm GMT/9.30 am EST

What is Quizzical Pursuit? 
A series of advertising questions asked, one after the other. A question will be asked every few minutes over a period of 2-3 hours. All you need to do is provide the best quality answer ASAP. 

What's interesting?
The Community user who answers the maximum number of questions correctly will be named the Community Quiz Champion.

Who can participate? 
All Community users are welcome to participate in this quiz. 

Who is the Quiz Master? 

What next? 
The first question will be posted right here on June 21, Thursday, at 6:30 am PDT/9:30 am ET/1:30 pm GMT/7 pm IST. Just get ready...

Cheers,
Mini
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Quizzical Pursuit 3 - Mobile Advertising (Part A)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes, I am your quiz master today. Welcome to AdWords Advertisers Quzzical Series for Mobile Advertising (Part A). I hope you all are ready for today’s quiz, Here I am asking a series of question related to Mobile advertising strategy.

I'll be posting the first question in about 30 minutes so stay tuned and I'm looking forward to seeing your great replies.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Thanks Rakesh.

Can't wait to see the Champions for today. Good luck everyone.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Good morning, good afternoon and good evening fellow game enthusiasts and community members. Let’s start the AdWords Quiz right away with question number one Get comfortable and grab a mug of coffee & cookies….

1.) Saggi is managing the digital agency and trying to convince a client to spend on Mobile Device. If you were in the place of Saggi, how will you convince them? Why a client should focus on Mobile device.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Ans 1). Now these days almost 70-80% google searches came from mobile devices. So its easy to reach most of customers.
In mobile device we can run specific campaign like Call only ads, in this people can search on mobile and directly click on ads you will get/recive a call.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Some of the participants emailed/pinged me saying they are stuck in traffic/driving and will join in a couple of minutes.

Sure. We can wait.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Great to See you @Ashwani Kumar here. Good entry with  a great reply. Now, let's see what others suggest.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey Rakesh,

Here are a few points I would use to help Saggi out:
1. People are increasingly spending time on multiple screens - mobile is not the 2nd screen any more. It is the first screen and digital touch point across many geographies
2. Mobile penetration across all geographies has increased due to affordable devices and data plans
3. Mobile is the device users have all the time. They look to their phones for all their answers. They live online through their mobile. They live in micro-moments online through their phones. IF users want to know where to purchase something, they research on their phones, They was a dinner reservation, they search on the phone, If they want to go somewhere, they look up things on their phone. You, as a Brand, need to be present for these users in their time of need.
4. Your potential customers are on Mobile
5. Use the consumer barometer tool to understand Internet usage and attitudes across various devices
6. Search for core terms on the mobile and see the kind of results and ads that come up. If you see a competitor brand advertising on mobile, it is generally enough to convince the client! Smiley Happy
7. Set a small test campaign for mobile devices. Currently, you cant have a separate campaign for mobile devices, so you will need to allow 1 campaign to run on all devices for this test.

See the kind of traffic you get from here. In my experience mobile traffic is almost equal to the traffic we get from desktops.
Also, competition is lower on mobile for some industries yet, and therefore we may get an advantage of lower CPCs as well.
You can use bid multipliers manage your bids.

Before you try and convince your client, ensure they have a mobile optimized site / landing page.

Also, you should have mobile preferred ads across your campaign

Ad messaging and ad extensions should also be customised for mobiles.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
@Mini-CM - Thanks for waiting Mini Smiley Happy
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Awesome replies Shweta!!