Guide Me
star_border

Pending Transactions in India

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi AdWords Community Users,

We have identified an ongoing issue with respect to multiple payments being deducted from the bank/credit card but still showing pending in the AdWords account. We have been able to confirm that this is an issue at the bank's end. 

If you see a similar issue, please be assured that our engineers are currently looking into this on a high priority and any pending or additional deductions will be returned to your bank account/credit card at the earliest. Therefore, no further action is required on your end. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this and are committed to ensuring that we fix this as soon as possible. 

Note :  This issue is affecting billing accounts based in India only.

This issue has been logged on the AdWords Known Issues section section of the Help Center.

Kathleen

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pending Transactions in India

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Thanks for this Kathleen!
I haven't seen this happen with any of my clients yet. Will keep this in mind though.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well my account has been deducted 12 times more than my pending amount $5000 have been deducted so far

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We had the same issue over the weekend.

Our company card was swiped 10 times over the weekend -
1) This got the card over credit limit and other transactions started failing because of this.
2) There is no emergency contact for Adwords during weekend to report this issue.

Really bad experience for us
Ravi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This was really surprising. On Sunday afternoon - the credit card started getting charged our full budgeted amount every 20 minutes. After 4 transactions of the same amount I called up my credit card bank to see if they have a problem - because I always thought Google would rarely make mistakes. They said all transactions seem legal. Google support was not available then. After the fifth transaction I decided to block the card, it was the only way I could stop the cycle of the card being charged repeatedly. I was one charge away from my credit limit utilization.

None of the card charges reflect on the Google Account as of yet. Its been close to 48 hours since this issue started on 12th, July. They all reflect on the credit card end.

We will now have to wait for a week for a new card from our bank. The credit needs to come back to my credit card account. The bank said it typically takes 15 days in such cases. Our clients business will get affected, my credit limit is blocked for this period and then we will have to deal with sorting this out.

Totally surprised & unhappy with the way the support from Google has been in such an important issue. Blocking credits from our cards. My conviction in Google has gone down a little, Google can make errors. Lets see how it resolves them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My Debit Card was charged 8 times of the amount (left with no money), My credit card was charged 4 times (credit limit reached) ... How am I going to sustain now? Who is going to pay my bills. With no money in Bank Account. Credit Card limit reached, I don't think google is going to pay my bills till the money get back to my account!

Who will take the responsibility if god forbid I am in some emergency !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its a serious matter

Below is the update on our account activity

We Did 2 Transactions (T 1 and T 2 of diff values) on Sunday 12th July and both said Pending Confirmation in Adwords Accounts but Bank Statement had multiple debits for the same

The New activity

13th July a new Transaction for same amount as T 2 was automatically debited but reflected in the Adwords account statement too and ads started

14th July a new Transaction for same amount as T 1 was automatically debited but reflected in the Adwords account statement and reflecting as credit balance

But the Sundays two Transactions T 1 and T 2 showing Pending confirmation in adwords accounts have just disappeared from the Adwords statement

Apart from this

we have 11 debits of T 2 and 1 debit of T 1 which is debited from Bank Account but never reflected in Adwords statement

Google representatives are just saying we are working on it

But now news of the refund or why transactions are yet happening automatically even on 14th July

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Kathleen could you please clarify if its a bank issue or a payment gateway issue ?

Most likely it can't be a bank issue as different users have different banks, all banks can make the same mistake simultaneously

Times of Money is the payment gateway we are directed to for Our payments in India
Times of Money is one of the most archaic payment gateway with hardly any e comm sites using them .... If it is their fault then we would highly recommend having other payment gateway options too......most e comm sites in India use multiple payment gateways

As far as my knowledge the CVV is NOT stored nor I think any payment gateway allowed to store it in India
But Google / Times of Money does it and hence this kind of situation of multiple payments without authorisation is possible
If CVV wasn't stored.....such a situation wouldn't have come

I hope Google takes serious action so that such a situation doesn't arise as it can seriously create doubts in general e commerce shoppers minds

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think what Kathleen G means is that it could be Google's bank issue Or payment gateway which Google uses could have problems. Not our credit card issue or not our payment gateway issue.

I also felt it cannot be our bank issue as the transaction is initiated from Google's end. From Google's customer end (which is us), since there could be multiple banks involved they will not all process incorrect transactions at once - so the bank she is referring to could only mean Google's bank.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi @Ankit M,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Currently, both our Engineers and Billing Teams are looking into this, as a priority in order to have it resolved as soon as possible.

I want to assure you that any extra charges will be returned to you, and you will only be charged for costs accrued. I can see that you have interacted with the AdWords support team on this issue. Please rest assured, that we are working on this, and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards,

Dhaval