More Insights about Quality Score and the AdWords Auction
People are happier with their search results, including the ads, when those results are relevant. Advertisers are more successful when they show relevant ads, as they’re more likely to see engagement. It’s with this in mind that we factor the quality of your ads into our AdWords auction.
Ad Rank and ad quality are important because they can impact position, price and extensions.
Your Ad Rank is used in the auction to determine where your ads will show. We have a new video that covers the AdWords auction and its many moving parts. In it, you’ll learn:
- The key factors behind Ad Rank
- How Ad Rank is calculated
- Things to consider for maximizing Ad Rank.
The quality of your ads is an important factor of Ad Rank. To help you better understand the usefulness of Quality Score and how it reflects (but isn’t a direct measure of) your ad quality, we’ve put together a resource,Settling the (Quality) Score. In it, you’ll learn:
- How to use Quality Score as a diagnostic tool
- Tips for optimizing the components of Quality Score
- Key insights about what does and doesn’t matter in terms of the quality of your ads
Relevant and useful ads are good for you and your customers. We hope the video and the guide are useful resources to help you better understand the ads auction.