AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Make the Most of Mobile

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Join us tomorrow (October 10) at 9am PDT for the first installment in a new Hangout on Air series about advanced ad features and formats.

Tomorrow we'll be discussing mobile ad enhancements. You can RSVP for the live event here http://goo.gl/N8xUy9 or you can catch the video recording on our YouTube channel afterward http://goo.gl/NcJ4Py (I'll also be updating this thread with the link)

UPDATE: You can watch the Hangout on Air recording here:

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Make the Most of Mobile

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Thanks to everyone who tuned into the Hangout on Air today. If you missed it, you can watch the recording on the post above. 

Keep an eye on our G+ page for the details of upcoming hangouts!

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the updates. I have tried call extention. Is shows clicks, but actually no call happened. What will be the issue?

Thanks&Regards
Sam

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Sam, 

It is possible to get a click on your call extension or ad without getting a phone call. The user could click on the call extension and have your phone number populated in their phone without taking the action to then dial the number. 

You will want to review your call extensions performance metrics in order to find out which type of click you got on your call extension. Look at the call details columns on the Campaign and Ad Group tabs to find performance information for your call extensions. Here are the columns you can find:

• Phone Impressions: The number of times your Google forwarding phone number was shown.
  • Phone Calls: The number of calls to the Google forwarding phone number that showed with your ad.
  • Phone-through rate (PTR): The number of phone calls received divided by the number of times your phone number is shown (impressions).
  • Phone call conversions: The number of phone calls that lasted longer than the time you set as your "call conversion duration" for that call extension.

You can use "Click-type" segmentation to view a breakdown of these metrics by platform. Here's how:

1. Sign in to AdWords, then navigate to the CampaignsAd groupsAds, or Keywords tab.
  2. Click the "Segment" menu, then select "Click type." You should see a breakdown reflecting mobile clicks to call, mobile phone calls, and manually dialed calls from laptops, desktop computers, or tablets.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Hannah,

Thank you for the reply regarding my Call extension option.
But my real issue still exists.I have configured for mob and report shows
clicks , so far more than 50 clicks-to-call from
mobile, but the customer is not received any call.

To confirm the result, I set up Display only campaign, mob only, with my
own cell number.
Reports says 6 clicks today
08086624850(mobile)
Eligible
61,8490.32%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
Thank you for the reply regarding my Call extension option.

But my real issue still exists. I have configured for mob and report shows clicks , so far more than 50 clicks-to-call from mobile, but the customer is not received any call.

To verify the result, I set up Display only campaign, mob only, with my own cell number. Reports says 6 clicks today

08086624850(mobile) Eligible 6 1,849 0.32%

Unfortunately I haven't received any call or missed call

What will be the issue?. Expecting your advice for rectifying the issue.

Thanks&Regards,
Sam
samkachora@gmail.com

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Sam, 

As I said before, you can have mobile clicks-to-call without actually receiving a phone call. It is only when you are using a Google Forwarding number that we are able to track the calls you received which will be reported as phone calls at the Campaign or Ad Group level. A click-to-call isn't necessarily a phone call. 

If you are using a Google Forwarding number you can see how many phone calls you have received by adding the call metrics columns to the Campaign or Ad Groups tabs in your account. 

Let us know if you are still having trouble with this.

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭