AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Last Week in the AdWords Community (Jan. 6-12)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hello AdWords Community Members, and welcome back to the weekly digest! Here’s what you may have missed in the boards last week:

digest1

Announcements & Updates

• We have a new mobile board for all of your mobile-specific questions! We will start using this space for questions specific to App campaigns, strategies for targeting mobile devices, and driving phone calls via your ads.
  • Google UK will be hosting free master classes in Manchester, UK this month! Register for a free seminar or mentoring session.
  • Join the Getting Started with AdWords Livestream this Thursday, January 14th at 10:30am Indian Standard Time to learn about the basics, from structuring your account to selecting the right keywords.

Recent Articles

• Top Contributor @ScottyD created an informative video about the Search Terms Report. He walks us through the report in a real account and shows us how to identify troublesome keywords which pull in large amounts of irrelevant traffic.
  • Each Monday, we’re sharing a tip with you about mobile trends in the digital marketing world. First up this week: Is your site mobile friendly?

Check out the rest of the Learn section for more in-depth discussions of both basic and advanced topics.

Community Member of the Week: ollie

Our featured AdWords Community member last week was @ollie! Ollie has been a regular contributor to the Community since she joined in 2013, when she first joined to explore whether digital marketing was a good option for the bakery she runs with her sister. Check out the full interview here!

Top Starred Members

These Community members went above and beyond last week, answering other members' questions, explaining difficult concepts, and troubleshooting technical issues:

1. @MosheTLV
  2. @Ratan-Jha
  3. @stickleback
  4. @David Kyle
  5. @Jon_Gritton

Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge and making the AdWords Community a great place to come back to each week!

Cassie

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Last Week in the AdWords Community (Jan. 6-12)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing Cassie!

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Thanks for sharing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I am desperate for some help. Have been searching the web and google pages on how to cancel my Adwords Express Account as I want to use adwords instead. I cannot find an answer anywhere...the closest I came to I used but that came to a dead end....can you and your team help please

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

If you call AdWords Support, they should be able to convert the AdWords Express account to a standard AdWords account for you...or at least set you up to be able to login to the standard AdWords account with your current login after you disable the Express account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thx

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Bansi S

You can cancel your AdWords Express account following the instructions from this AdWords Express help file

1. Sign in to AdWords (instead of AdWords Express) at https://adwords.google.com/.
  2. From the My account tab at the top of the page, select Preferences.
  3. In the Account cancellation section, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.
  4. Fill out all the available fields and click Submit Request. This will cancel your account.

If you change your mind (and we hope you do!) you can reactivate your account by signing in and following the prompts. Then update your payment information and make a payment to start running your ads again.

However, if you just want to use AdWords instead of Express then you can simply pause your Express ads and then sign into AdWords and create new campaigns there instead of canceling. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks for the instruction. I did try to do as per advice on google help
pages. However it failed to work. Maybe on account that i had not set up
any campaigns on Express yet.
Regardless i finally gave up and resorted to seeking help from google.
Thankfully the "man from del monte" (you may understand if you from the uk
☺) helped out. Simply, he deleted my Express and set up the Adwords in its
place. He pointed out that unless you have a campaign running you cannot
deactivate Express and switch on Adwords.
Bansi