Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Introduction to Non-Text Ad Formats

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi there,

Everyone is familiar with text ads namely because we encounter these every time we perform a Google Search; however, quite often, I encounter advertisers who aren’t yet familiar with the different ad formats you can create and run directly from the AdWords interface. I thought I’d share a breakdown of the different sort of ads you can create along with where these will show. Please note, the list is not exhaustive. If there’s one format or ad type I missed definitely share with us as we’d love to hear.  

• TrueView Video Ads: To start, video ads can be shown on YouTube video, Google Display Network, and YouTube Search. What’s truly great about TV is you only pay when a user either clicks to watch your video ad or chooses to further engage with your ad after it first loads. I recommend this format for advertiser who have already created engaging content related to their business (i.e. commercial, product demo, etc).

• Product Listing Ads: Retailers who would like to place products in front of shoppers on Google.com are the perfect fit for PLAs. With PLAs you can show shoppers images and pricing information for your products before they even get to your site. This can make users more likely to click on your ad, make a purchase, and increase your ROI for your business.

• Dynamic Search Ads: Dynamic search ads are great for advertisers with large website and many products; typically, its best use case is for those who have trouble keeping up or creating keyword lists and ads. DSA automatically creates ad text headlines related to a user’s search and selects a dynamic landing page.

• Image Ads: This format includes any ad which includes an image. Image ads can only run on the Google Display Network and are best suited for businesses selling products or tangible services seeking to build brand awareness.

• Click-to-Download Ads: If you happen to have a mobile app, this is the format for you. This ad will only show on devices where your app can be installed (only available on enhanced campaigns) which means you can link users directly with the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.

I hope you find this helpful and have fun playing within your AdWords account! For those already using other ad formats, feel free to share best use cases. I look forward to reading your responses.

Juliana S.

(Note: To create non-text ads, an AdWords campaign must be enabled for 'All Features' under Network Settings.)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JulianaS
September 2015

Re: Introduction to Non-Text Ad Formats

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Aravindh-

Image ad extensions are currently in beta and will only show on Google Search. It looks like you can express interest in participating in the image extension beta, by filling out this form

Juliana S. 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

There is something called "WAP mobile ad". I haven´t used it for years, and I guess most advertisers in my part of the world hasn´t, but I guess it can be very useful in countries where the 3G net is not so extensive yet.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472722?hl=en

Also, apart from True-View, you can create a Video-ad for a CPC- or CPM-campaign using the Ad Builder.

And, there is a kind of image ad that is expandable that you can create with the Ad Builder. It´s an image ad, but it´s extra-ordinary. I can´t remember having ever seen such an ad on a publishers website - does anyone use them?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375501?hl=en

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Thank you for sharing David. I'd agree both of these ad formats aren't too common though both are useful when used appropriately.

As an example, the expandable ad formats are great because you are only charged when a user actually clicks through to your website not when they choose to expand the content. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Some more to add
1. Image Ad: You may create your Image Ads by having your designer create your banner in specific sizes recommended by Google or You can have Google scan your website and generate Banners based on your website content (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2991648?ctx=tltp)
2. Display Ad Builder: You may use this to create your own Banner Ads in Adwords by choosing various Templates available in Adwords and you should customize your text and images. It's very easy to use tool.

Regards,
Balu.
www.locsea.com/blog.php

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi all,

I need a clarity about image ad extensions, I saw at Google blog image ad extensions will be in search network too {http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/06/new-image-extensions-enable-you-to-show.html} any one tell me about how to create image ad extensions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JulianaS
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Aravindh-

Image ad extensions are currently in beta and will only show on Google Search. It looks like you can express interest in participating in the image extension beta, by filling out this form

Juliana S. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
hi,
Image ad use only use display network (Image max size 150kb ) & second Animation length must be 30 seconds or shorter.
Experts in the Topic
JulianaS