5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Improve the Community: Did you find an answer?

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

As the Advertiser Community grows and evolves, so does the way we try to help you find exactly what you’re looking for, whether that’s the solution to a problem or a strategy recommendation.

To make the community a more helpful place for everyone, we’re asking everyone who posts a question to please mark a best answer if you receive one–or let us know if you’re still looking for the right answer!

Why are best answers important?

Marking a best answer lets anyone who’s part of your thread know that you’ve solved the issue or gotten the information you needed. It also helps future community members who might come to the thread with similar questions, and lets others easily locate the resolution on a long thread with multiple pages.

What does a best answer look like?

Best answers are marked in the thread with a blue banner

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.30.21 AM.png

Who can mark a best answer?

Three community groups can mark best answers:

• The thread’s original poster
  • Experts (Top Contributors and Rising Stars)
  • Community Managers

Best Practices

• If you’re the original poster, please mark a reply as “best answer” if it answers your question. We always prefer the original poster to mark the response that best answers their question when possible.
  • Best Answers are typically clear, concise and link to additional resources (i.e. help center articles) when available.
  • If you have a similar issue to a thread that already has a ‘Best Answer’ provided, don’t comment on the same thread with your issue.
    • Instead, create a new thread of your own and reference the other thread in your new post.

Steps for marking ‘Best Answer’

1. Click on the three dots next to the best response:

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 10.31.56 AM.png

2. Open the drop down and select ‘Accept as Solution’ 

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 12.12.31 PM.png

Asking for others to mark your reply as a Best Answer

You may notice Top Contributors, Rising Stars, and Community Managers who have signatures suggesting you mark their answers as the ‘Best Answer.’ Signatures are a feature that can only be unlocked by reaching Rising Star status or above, so this option is not available to most community members.

However, if you want to encourage other users to mark your response as the best answer, we suggest adding a small tagline at the end of your message. You can use something like this:

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

You can also choose to link directly to this thread.

In the past, asking others to mark your answer as a Best Answer was against the Community Guidelines. Given this change, we will be updating our guidelines to allow members to remind others to mark Best Answers in threads, so long as this is done in a tasteful way. Community Managers regularly review the forums and will continue to remove posts that are overly self-promotional.

Thanks!

Your Community Managers

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
1 Expert replyverified_user
Experts in the Topic
Allyson_GMB