Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Quiz - Showcase your expertise

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi All, 

Want to start the weekend with some challenge? Here's an analytical way to showcase your expertise.

Google Analytics Quiz - A series of questions will be asked by the Quiz Master and all you need to do is provide the best answer. All are welcome to participate.

The Quiz will be open from 11:30 am PST to 3 pm PST on Feb 27.

The participant with the maximum number of correct answers will be named "Analytics Champion of the Day". 

Over to the Quiz Master now, 
Mini
4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ishan D (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Analytics-AdWords Quiz - Showcase your expertise

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Everyone!

I'm you're quiz master for today and am looking forward to a great session. Here are my first set of questions :

1) You’ve paused all your campaigns in AdWords. Yet in Analytics you continue to see sessions attributed to your campaigns. What could be the reason for this?

2) Give me one primary advantage of using AdWords Remarketing over Analytics?

3) There isn’t any major discrepancy between sessions and clicks in Analytics and AdWords. Neither are there tracking issues. However most conversions in Analytics show up as 'Direct' even though majority of the traffic is from AdWords. What could be the reason for this?

4) Bounce rate in your Analytics report is near 0%. What could be the issues with implementation and how do you correct the same?

5) You’ve manually tagged Ad destination URLs in one account and are using auto-tagging in another AdWords account. Both accounts are showing 10 clicks each in AdWords for the same time duration. However in GA for each account the sessions are different. The manually tagged account shows 8 sessions while the Auto-tagged account shows 10.  There isn’t any issue with the implementation. What could be the reason?

​Let's go Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok it's been awhile since I participated in an AdWords Community event but this one is interesting. Bear with me since I need to do some catch up studying to answer these excellent questions!

jp

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Might be fun Smiley Very Happy

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Can it be answered one by one? Or all at once? 

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hey Ratan,

There is no required order. Answer as many as you can Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thanks Ishan!

1. If a user clicks the ad and then comes back second time to the website directly without using any referral, Analytics will attribute this session to Ad campaign. Why? Because, Analytics relies on last-known campaign source in this case.

Now if the ad campaign is paused after this user’s visit through an ad, any subsequent direct/no-referral visit to the website would be attributed to AdWords only.

2. If I want to remarket only to the visitors who came to my website by clicking my AdWords ads, I would prefer AdWords remarketing.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

1) You’ve paused all your campaigns in AdWords. Yet in Analytics you continue to see sessions attributed to your campaigns. What could be the reason for this?

The Google Clid Adwords Cookie is set when a user clicks through to your ad. If the user returns via a bookmark of your site other then a referall source, that Cookie may still log that user as an Adwords click. Hence seeing Adwords Traffic days, weeks, etc even after adwords are paused.

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner
2) Give me one primary advantage of using AdWords Remarketing over Analytics?

While it is my preferred method to use Analytics for Remarketing, The Analytics remarketing needs 1000 users before it is activated. The adwords remarketing list must have at least 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Thanks so much the answers. Keep them coming! Here are the next and final set of questions :

1. Someone else has mistakenly added your tracking code to their website. You can’t remove it from there since you don’t have access to their source code and you can’t get in touch with the website owner. This is causing a lot of inaccuracy in your reports? How can you correct this from within your account?

2. You’ve set your session settings at 30 mins. However there is still a situation where the system can still count more than 1 session within 30 mins. Can you tell me when?

3. Name 5 new features which come with Universal Analytics.

4. You’re tracking conversions (Sign ups) in Google Analytics (Goals) and using Adwords Conversion tracking separately. Between the 1st to the 10th of January you see 10 conversions in GA. However in Adwords you’re seeing 14 conversions. Could you give me 2 reasons to explain this?

5. How can you use Ecommerce transaction rate data to modify your bids in Google Adwords especially during peak sale periods such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday?