AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Community Member of the Week - Pankaj (1/21)

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi AdWords Community,

This week, we're hearing from one of our Top Contributors, @pankaj1782. Pankaj has been an AdWords Top Contributor since 2012, and has become a self-taught AdWords aficionado primarily with the help of this very Community, as well as the Help Center

download.png

Q: Tell us about your career choice and how you ended up using AdWords with your business.

A: One of my old Agencies got me into AdWords 8 years back. I still remember that I got the small handy module to read about AdWords and that was it. Then came the challenge of managing the AdWords account of $14k (approx.) per month in the absence of my Manager (at that time) and I was so nervous. But as it is rightly said that where there’s a will, there’s a way. The turning point came when I happened to accidently post on the old AdWords forum and got addicted to it. The AdWords forum, coupled with Help Center documentation, at that time, was my key to success and delivering the quality work to my first client, who remained with us for about 2 years.

Q: Tell us about your best AdWords experience.

A: There are a few examples I can think of now:-

1. One of the customer wanted to start with AdWords on top of Search Engine Optimization about 7 years back (in 2008, I believe). Since I was also pretty new to the platform, I was a little bit reluctant to start it, but somehow convinced myself and planned to kick start AdWords. At that time, I remember we were on the old Google forum platform. So the only means for me to set up the campaign to the best of my knowledge were the Google AdWords forum and of course the Help Center. I constantly followed the forum, read Help Center documents, and improved my skill set to launch the Search Network campaigns initially. The campaigns started driving offline conversions in the form of customers visiting the client office and getting the appointments fixed. On my end, I was not seeing any convincing results, but to my surprise, the client wrote an appreciation email to my Boss, CCing me, about how she had started getting customers to her office. My client had customers fill out a form where she asked them how they came to know about her office. Most of them said via Google ads. That incident actually raised my confidence, and there was no looking back in terms of Google AdWords.
  2. Second instance happened a few months back when we acquired the AdWords account of one of the leading referral software marketing tools. The number of conversions were at their lowest and CPA was touching the sky. Within a couple of months of optimization, we were able to uplift the conversions by more than 200%, and the CPA recorded was at an all-time low for the whole year. I still remember the client being so happy during our weekly call about how we optimized the account and took the account to the next level.

Q: What's one lesson or tip you want to share with your fellow AdWords Community members?

A: Do not jump to conclusions after looking at data which is not measurable, i.e. over a short time period. Give some time for the AdWords system and your campaigns to settle down and perform at the optimal level. Start measuring the ROI at the initial level; otherwise you might get the impression that you are wasting money whereas it is not the case actually.

Q: What do you enjoy most about the community? 

A: Honestly, the Community is very close to my heart, especially if I talk from a Digital Marketing perspective. The part I enjoy most is the enthusiasm and level of expertise that the majority of the members contribute. I would even say that there is an e-bond between most of the members, which unites the Community across the globe. When I imagine, it’s actually amazing how users are connected all day and all night. There’s actually members active 24X7 on the Community which is priceless.

Q: What is your most recent contribution to the Community which you would like to highlight?

A: One of the recent and interesting questionsI was part of was the conversation related to Landing Page policy on geo redirects.

Other than this, I remember my past articles that I loved the most, on Sitelinks extensions with Enhanced Campaigns (when enhanced campaigns were just launched) and my Dynamic Search Ads article.  

Q: Where would you like to see the AdWords Community go in the future?

A: The AdWords Community is already the best place to enhance your AdWords skills. So much happens every quarter be it quizzes, Articles, helping the small businesses grow, etc…My suggestion would be to keep the momentum going for the next year and encourage more Community members to participate quite frequently and share the best practices constantly.

Q: Lastly, to end our interview on a Googley note, tell us something cool about you! Or something cool that you've experienced?

A: I love exploring the new places and long drives during the weekends with my family. Great fan of cricket but I hardly get time to play these days. I still get some hands on with my little one Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Community Member of the Week - Pankaj (1/21)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks again for sharing, Pankaj!

Re: Community Member of the Week - Pankaj (1/21)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@CassieH, I know this Guy. I have also worked with him in the past. He is really genius.