AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Community Member of the Week! - Emmanuel F (2/4)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi everyone! 

This week we're hearing from @Emmanuel F. You've probably seen Emmanuel in the Shopping and Merchant Center board, where he often helps other members with the Shopping campaign and data feed questions. But what you may not know is that Emmanuel has been working with Adwords and Google Shopping for 10 years now--and that he now freelances from a very tropical locale!  Read on below:

photo.jpg

Q: Tell us about your career choice and how you ended up using AdWords with your business.

A: I started out building two websites for a company 10 years ago and after a couple of years of development, I started managing their Adwords account. The more time I spent on the account, the more I started to enjoy this area. I have experimented a lot and have learned a lot. After 9 years, I left the company and became self-employed (still working for the original company from 10 years ago, only now as a freelancer). Now I'm 100% dedicated to Google Adwords and Google Shopping.

Q: Tell us about your best AdWords experience.

A: My best experience would be with Google Shopping. I have built my whole business around Google Shopping, as I found the qualifications in this field to be in high demand. For a couple of years I have been solely working on Google Adwords and Shopping and have accumulated a huge array of knowledge.

Q: What's one lesson or tip you want to share with your fellow AdWords Community members?

A: With Google Shopping, you need to spend enough time ensuring that the data feed is at 100%. Every issue and warning must be fixed before continuing to the next step, which is setting up the PLA campaign. In PLAs, I recommend having around 100 to 200 products per ad group to allow a better focus and better quality data. This allows you to easily identify negative keywords, trends, etc. The key to success is to constantly work on your campaigns. The landscape changes constantly, so the more you spend time on your account, the better your ROI becomes. And don't be scared to remove products, bid higher, etc...The key to success is Conversion Value divided by Total Cost.

Q: What do you enjoy most about the community?

A: I enjoy learning issues from fellow members. Some questions that I see posted are so interesting that I delve in to assist and find a solution. My motto is, any issue can be resolved with dedication and patience.

Q: What is your most recent contribution to the Community which you would like to highlight?

A: There are many contributions, there are none I would say are significant in nature. Each successful answer is a highlight to the member itself.

Q: Where would you like to see the AdWords Community go in the future?

A: I would like the community to grow towards a well-known spot for resolving issues. What I do notice is that there are lots of frustrations from members due to the lack of knowledge a member has on the topic. A way to have better explanations for common issues would be a bonus. For example, if a question is typed that there is a search match to see if this question has already been asked and displays relevant threads already successfully answered.

Q: Lastly, to end our interview on a Googley note, tell us something cool about you! Or something cool that you've experienced.

A: The cool thing about me, there might be a couple but I'm kind of a world traveler I guess. I was born in France, lived in Belgium for 15 years, moved to the UK for 8 years, and now live with my amazing wife in Thailand as a freelancer. I have to say that living in a tropical country working on Google Shopping projects is an amazing feeling. I have been building my own management system for over a year and have a great list of amazing clients. I can say that I am living the dream. So thanks Google for being a great sport! Smiley Happy

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Community Member of the Week! - Emmanuel F (2/4)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Thanks for the great interview Smiley Happy Looking forward to see the community grow. Have a great weekend!
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
That's awesome! Keep up the amazing work Smiley Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's great to learn more about you @Emmanuel F! I'm jealous of your tropical setup Smiley Tongue

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Thanks @ScottyD you are more than welcome to come over here. It's daunting in the beginning but quickly found my way.

Thanks @leandrofm will keep up the hard work Smiley Very Happy
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’