AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Community Member of the Week - Amy Bishop (08/10)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Happy Monday AdWords Community! 
We're back with another Community Member of the week - the lovely @Amy Bishop

amyb.jpg
Keep reading to hear what Amy had to say in our Q&A with her!

Q: Tell us about your career choice and how you ended up using AdWords with your Business.
I graduated from college with a degree in Communication and an emphasis on Public Relations and Advertising. To be honest, I didn't really know anything about digital marketing at that point but I was lucky enough to land a job at an agency with a training program and I was hooked. The rest is history!

Q: Tell us about your best AdWords experience?
Gosh, I've had a lot of fun and a lot of success with AdWords. I once worked with a large retail client on an AdWords strategy that was projected (by an external agency, not me) to increase their in-store revenue by several million dollars based upon test data in the initial roll-out phases to measure the lift in sales after taking all other variables into account. That was a good feeling, to say the least.

Q: What's one lesson or tip you want to share with your fellow AdWords Community members?
For starters, determine your goals and set up the necessary tracking before all else. As you are working toward said goals, leave no stone unturned. We have so much data at our fingertips that it's crazy to waste it. 

Q. What do you enjoy most about the community?
For me, the community benefits are twofold: I really enjoy responding to questions that community members post. Sometimes it takes a little research on my part and I find myself learning, too, which brings me to the second benefit. I love reading the other answers that other community members post. I'm humbled by the knowledge of others. I've also been lucky enough to have a few side conversations with some of the community members and top commenters, which makes for great networking. 

Q: What is your most recent contribution to the Community which you would like to highlight?
It's hard to pick a favorite. Ultimately, my favorite posts are the ones that seem to help someone. Some of the more fun ones for me recently were about time of day and geography. I love to get into the weeds and these were both fun to respond to and to read the other replies. 

Q: Where would you like to see the AdWords Community go in the future?
I'd love to see the community to continue to grow. It would be fun to do some scheduled hangouts for different trainings or topics for each. It would also be kind of neat if there was a live-chat IM feature for people that had questions that they wanted to chat through, chatroom style. The transcript of the chat could be posted for the benefit of other members. AdWords Community in Real Time Smiley Happy

Q: Lastly to end our interview on a Googley note, tell us something cool about you? Or something you’ve experienced?
Hmm... I love to travel, so one of the things that I am most proud of is that I've been to more continents than not. I still have a few continents and a lot of countries to go, though!
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Community Member of the Week - Amy Bishop (08/10)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
What an interview!

Kudos Amy!
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Welcome @Amy Bishop! Hope you Enjoy the most here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Sumanth!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Prem!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Great Interview Amy. Good to know you better now Smiley Happy

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Ratan! Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Congrats Amy! Great idea about the Hangouts and live chats for the community. - Justin

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, Justin!