AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Community Member of the Week - Alexey C (12/10)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi AdWords Community,

This week we have another wonderful Community Member of the Week, Alexey C!

Alexey has experience with both AdWords and Google Analytics, and a unique career journey that brought him to where he is today!

IMG_6264.JPG

Q: Tell us about your career choice and how you ended up using AdWords with your business.

Originally from Kiev, I was travelling a lot, working in international teams around the world, and one day ended up working for a training center which was teaching Google AdWords. This is was my first AdWords experience where I got passionate about it so I've decided to come back in my home country working as an AdWords manager there.

Q: Tell us about your best AdWords experience.

I have a huge client who is spending on AdWords more than $100k a month in the title loan industry. After my optimization efforts, cost per lead decreased by more than 350%, so taking into consideration the client’s budget, I saved lots of his money launching additional campaigns and changing his account structure.

Q: What's one lesson or tip you want to share with your fellow Adwords Community members?

Think about your KPI - decide what is more important for you or for your client and build all your optimization plans based on your goal. It sounds simple but if you really do it you realize that very often you are doing lots of activities which don't bring significant value. You may be working on negatives while you really need just to reallocate budgets asap, getting much more leads from campaigns with good performance but huge IS lost due budget.

Q: What do you enjoy most about the community?

It's a really friendly place where you can learn and share your own knowledge, insights and mistakes so other people can make smart decisions.

Q: What is your most recent contribution to the Community which you would like to highlight?

I love Google Analytics so it was really cool that you have added GA and Google My Business sections. Here is a recent contribution to the Analytics forum.

Q: Where would you like to see the AdWords Community go in the future?

I want it keep growing so community members can meet few times a year in person.

Q: Lastly, to end our interview on a Googley note, tell us something cool about you! Or something cool that you've experienced.

I've been working in media whole my life - first I was working for a live TV shows "X-Factor" and "So You Think You Can Dance?". It was great experience but not a huge catalyst for personal growth so I've travelled a lot, meeting people from different parts of the world and trying different fields, but ended up with ppc and analytics as I feel more passion towards this fields. Love thai boxing, yoga and books Smiley Happy

Thanks, Alexey!

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Community Member of the Week - Alexey C (12/10)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Congrats Alexey! It's great that we could know you better through this interview here.

X-Factor? Cool! So what was your job for the show? Couldn't help asking. Really Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hello to everyone. Cassie, thank you for interviewing me - I am glad to be a part of this community and I appreciate how friendly and helpfull it is. 

Ratan, thanks for interesting question Smiley Happy

It's really hard to give detailed job description because TV work can look as a such a huge mess compared to PPC management (that's why I am doing it now). Mainly I was responsible for project management, I had to control people who have been building stage, setting lights, audio etc.

It was really cool to have parties with different stars however it turned to be not as good as PPC and Google Analytics in terms of personal growth. Also quite often I had to sleep 4-5 hours each day 1-2 weeks in a row so it was very tiring experience Smiley Happy

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Great interview Alexey! It is great to get to know you a little better!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Very informative interview Alexey! Thank You.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks for detailing it Alexey. Yes, it does not feel tiring when you actually love what you do. Finally in the right business now. Smiley Happy

All the best!

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
You are right Ratan - it's not a job in it's usual meaning anymore Smiley Happy

Hi Robert and Mini-CM, thanks for taking time to go through the interview, glad you've liked it.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Good to know about you Alexey! Thank you for share. Smiley Happy
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Thanks Neha Smiley Happy
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency