AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Chat with our Top Contributor, Moshe - Friday, Oct 26, 12 noon PST.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi All, 

Moshe our Top Contributor chatted with some of our users today on his favorite topics: 

Display Network
Re-marketing 
Targeting strategies
AdWords Policy 

He will post a summary soon,
Mini

When was this: October 26, Friday,12 noon PST.  
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Chat with our Top Contributor, Moshe - Friday, Oct 26, 12 noon PST

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks a lot Mini for letting us know about this event. I am sure it will be very insightful.
I would like to post a question about 'remarketing' for Moshe. Here it is -

Let's say I have an ecommerce site selling items 1,2 and 3. With remarketing I will be able to target users who visited my site but for any reason did not make a purchase. This situation makes sense. But

Would it make sense to remarket to users who have already purchased from my site? If yes, the what should be the time window i need to keep before I remarket to them again. The reason I ask this that some users may find it annoying to see ads from the site they have just purchased from.

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards,
KC

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@KC;
Excellent strategy question! - (The kind  I like Smiley Happy. ) How effective is Remarketing for different types of products / services, and at what point it starts to be annoying to the user. I will be definitely address it

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we find out what results other advertisers got from some new features like video remarketing and youtube video campaigns ? This should be an area where competition is low.

Also when will there be more tools to find out the estimated CPC for placements or ad previews in the GDN ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Would love to joinSmiley Happy

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Do you have any update on the tech support domain being blocked or blacklisted?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mini-CM
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

For those who asked about Remarketing practices, and could not  join:

1. I like to set a Remarketing campaign in conjunction with a search campaign;
  2. If it is a one time purchase, that a user is  probably doing some research (e.g. Buying  TV;  flights; vacation deal)  - I would limit the Remarketing to 5-7 days. Most likely that the user would make up his / her mind within this period of time;
  3. If it is an ongoing service (e.g. A coffee shop or  grocery shop ), that the user would (probably)  visit "soon", (with no set time frame ) - I would set the Remarketing  for two weeks;

A note: you could run a classic Remarketing combined with RLSA. This  is a good combination to target users who do a research about the product, and  do  not convert during the first visit. By that, you target them when they visit other sites AND when they  continue searching  for the product / service.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.