AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Callout Extensions - A Week's Worth of Wonderful Extensions!

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

What is a Callout Extension?

Whether it’s free shipping on all laptops or a price match guarantee on smartphones, the more information people have, the better purchase decisions they can make online. That’s what is great about the new callout extensions: additional text that shows with your Google search ads, highlighting specific information about your products and services. Callouts will start rolling out today, with full availability to all advertisers in the next few weeks.

Why should I implement Callout Extensions?

Since callouts can be added at the account, campaign, or ad group level, you can provide more general information about your products and services at the account or campaign level, and more detailed information at the ad group level.

We’ve seen a boost of CTR by aggregate 10% or more when advertisers are using Call out Extensions! This is due to many of its features:

• Highlight or summarize your business offering: Promote popular or unique aspects of your business.
  • Minimize work and update callouts easily: You don't need to make new text ads or edit them to include callouts. You can change your callout text whenever you want, keeping your ads up-to-date with sales and special offers.
  • Flexibility: You can add callouts at the account, campaign, or ad group levels, allowing you to include both generic or detailed information within your ads.
  • Customized callouts for mobile: Create mobile-optimized callouts to show on mobile devices, or disable specific callouts on the devices you choose.

How can I track the effectiveness of Callout Extensions?

As with all extensions, you can navigate to the Ad extensions tab and select “View: Callout Extensions” from the drop-down menu to show a table with the associated reviews and performance statistics including clicks, impressions, and click through rate (CTR).

Read more about measuring the effectiveness of ad extensions here.

What do Callout Extensions look like?

Screen shot 2014-09-13 at 16.25.18.png

Screen shot 2014-09-13 at 16.25.12.png

I’ve enabled Callout Extensions, why are they not showing?

Keep in mind that your ads won't always show callouts. Also, when your ads show callouts, the format that appears could vary. For instance, anywhere from two to four callouts may appear on your ads. It could just be the case that other extensions you have enabled are taking preference, or you may need to increase your bid or your ad quality (or both). You can read more about why Ad Extensions might not be showing here.

Anything else to know about Callout Extensions?

These are brand new extensions which have been rolled out to all advertisers from the 8th of September.

While these are similar to sitelink extensions, they serve a different purpose; Callouts are not clickable, and so don’t take the user away from the ad - this keeps the focus on the main message that you want to highlight in your ad text. Callouts highlight features of your business or product, but they are not intended to link to specific pages on your website. For example, a callout could feature “Free Shipping” to inform a customer of one of your businesses added benefits, while a sitelink could direct users to their “Summer Sale” page with a sitelink of the same title.

Ready to get started? Find detailed information on callout policies here, and instructions for implementation here.

Want to read about more Ad Extensions? Check out the other posts in this series:

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Callout Extensions - A Week's Worth of Wonderful Extensions!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
I'm excited to see how this new feature will be used!

Re: Callout Extensions - A Week's Worth of Wonderful Extensions!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kathleen

I have been using the same for one of my clients.It is giving me a Good Conversion Rate of more than 6%

Thanks

Kushal