AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Article-Writing Challenge: Get Published on the AdWords Community!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

challeng2

Hello AdWords Community!

Do you know the elements of a great video campaign?

Love sharing your mobile advertising tips with anyone who will listen?

Wish you could share that knowledge with others and see it immortalized on the AdWords Community, and shared with 400k+ AdWords social media followers?

The Learn section is home to all the articles, videos, and other long-form content on our Community. Only Top Contributors, Rising Stars, and Googlers can typically post here.

But today I’m excited to open up this opportunity to you!

We want to see your most helpful, creative, and accurate article on the AdWords topic of your choice. Whether that’s on a basic topic like creating tightly-themed ad groups, or a more advanced topic like Gmail ads, we can’t wait to read it!

We will select the most helpful, factual, and creative articles we receive, and work with those authors to edit their content. If your article is selected, you will be given a window of time to post your article in the Learn section of the Community--so full credit will go to you.

Next Steps

1. Start working on your article--the submission form closes on March 3rd, which is just 2 weeks away!
  2. Once you’ve proofread and fixed any typos, you can submit your article through this form. Remember that we will be focusing on helpfulness, creativity, and accuracy.
  3. After the form closes on March 3rd, we will review all of the submissions and reach out via email to the writers whose articles we select to be published in the Learn section of the AdWords Community

Ready? Submit your article here.

Deadline: Thursday, March 3rd at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time

Eligibility:

• You must be a registered user of the Google Advertiser Community in order to enter the challenge (so if you haven’t already, register now!)
  • One submission per person
  • The challenge is not open to current English AdWords Top Contributors or Rising Stars.

Your article must be:

• Written in English
  • Your own, original, unpublished work
  • 800 words or fewer
  • Submitted in Google Doc form (make sure to set the Link Sharing settings to “On - Anyone with the link”)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Article-Writing Challenge: Get Published on the AdWords Community!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Please post below if you have any questions!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Cassie,

I have got a question regarding the aspect of "unpublished work". So, if I have an article (my own one) that has recently been published on my blog I can not submit it, right? Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for your reply in advance.
Best,
Julia

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Julia,

That's correct--we don't want to re-post content on the Community that's already been published on another website or blog. However, that doesn't mean you need to reinvent the wheel! If you'd like to adapt that blog post for this challenge, you can definitely do so. We would just ask that you add additional information that readers wouldn't find in the post on your blog, and make sure that a potential reader would "get something different" out of both pieces, so to speak.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cassie