Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Trivia Game 2014: Round 1

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee
Hi Community friends,

Here it is! The first round of the AdWords Trivia game. This is your chance to try your AdWords skills against other Community members. Here are the details: 

AdWords Trivia Game 2014: Round 1 - On Feb 21, Friday a7 am PST, 8.30 pm IST, 3 pm GMT

What is this game? 
A series of AdWords-related questions (True or False, Fill-in-the-Blank, Multiple Choice and Problem solving / Troubleshooting) increasing in difficulty level in a span of 2-3 hours. All you need to do is provide the best quality answer ASAP. The person who scores the most points by answering the most amount of questions correctly will be named the Community AdWords Trivia Champion

Who can participate? 
All Community users - new, brand new, newest and the oldest, including Top Contributors and Rising Stars are welcome to participate in this quiz. 

May the best person win!
7 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Trivia Game 2014: Round 1

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to the AdWords Trivia Game 2014! Today our topics revolve around Conversion Optimiser, Ad Scheduling and Remarketing as see by our board below.

I will kick our quiz off by choosing our first category. Grab a drink and let's get ready for some AdWords Trivia!

AdWords_Trivia_Billboard_Round1_v1.jpg

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Rnd1_ReM_600pt_question.jpg

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
B - frequency capping.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Calin is correct and scores 600 points in the process!

Which category and point level would you like to select next Calin?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Remarketing - 1000 Smiley Happy
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey everyone Smiley Happy
Oh. Wow. The quiz has changed. This is getting really interesting Smiley Very Happy. I'll give it a try.
Answer: B

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

A note to all our participants: The 800 and 1,000 point questions are all about quality rather than speed so don't rush and take care with your answer Smiley Wink

The best answer will be chosen after a period of time.

Rnd1_ReM_1000pt_question.jpg

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

That's it, Calin, go for the toughest question but has the potential for the highest points!

Some advice for all our players on the 800 & 1000 points questions, you may want to spend the extra time to make sure your answer is as complete as possible. The person with the most accurate answer may win even if he/she is not the first poster. Whereas 200 & 400 points do require a fast answer!

Good luck!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

There are four of them:

- General visitors
- Product viewers
- Shopping cart abandoners
- Past buyers

General visitors contains all visitors who browsed the website but did not go as far as a product page.
Product viewers is self-explanatory and so are shopping cart abandoners and past buyers.

The lists are constructed in a funnel-fashion. As people land on the website, they are all added to the "general visitors" list. If they get to a product page, they are also added to the "product viewers" list. If they add a product to their cart, then they either buy something, and land on the "past buyers" list or abandon their shopping cart and land on the "shopping cart" abandoners list.

Of course, these lists can also be combined, so you can, for instance, target General visitors who did not reach a product page, by using the product viewers as a negative audience.