AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Opportunities Tab - Share your experience.

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Hope you all got a chance to use the new Opportunities Tab within your AdWords account. 

What is your experience while using it? What is the most useful feature for you?

Where would you like to see further improvements?

Is there a particular feature that significantly reduced your effort? 

Share your thoughts here.

Thanks,

Mini

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Opportunities Tab - Share your experience.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mini,

New Opportunity tab is enhanced campaigns friendly.  It has been included with several new opportunities that suggests as a scope of optimization in the campaigns or entire account. Such as now it suggests adding Ad Extension, new keywords, new ad groups, or set bid adjustment.

What is your experience while using it? What is the most useful feature for you?

It is good experience with new Opportunity tab. It has came up with the multiple features but I like mostly:-

1.) New Ad Group with the existing Keywords:-

OP Tab.PNG

I like this because it indicates, where I need to optimize the campaigns. With this features I am able to save time to find out such ad groups that has multiple keywords in a single Group. It also suggests the ads, means there is no need to write the same ads in the new ad groups.

B.) New keywords:-

OP Tab.PNG

That is an amazing feature that helps us to find out  more keywords. It now suggests the new keywords with the corresponding campaigns with data estimation for example estimated click, impression  and cost.

Where would you like to see further improvements?

1.) As i have never seen any bid suggestion in Conversion Optimizer, so if it shows increasing the Target CPA bid, how would be campaigns perform like estimated Click and conversion. Though CPA bidding works on the basis of Conversion but still we increase or decrease the bid.

2.) It only suggests opportunity on the basis of last 7 days. I think this is not the enough time to adjust bid of any campaigns.

Is there a particular feature that significantly reduced your effort? 

The above features that i have mentioned is really helpful for me and reduce our effort. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: AdWords Opportunities Tab - Share your experience.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Mini,

The Opportunities tab was really helpful in reducing time when optimizing campaigns. I think its very user friendly and I like the fact that it provides an "All opportunities" option and then a drop down menu to choose on a specific campaign.

I like the convenience of adding new keywords into ad groups right from the tab, this reduced a lot of time researching and adding keywords individually. I also like that you can adjust the bids as well in the same area, so that pretty cool & time saving.

I would like to see improvement in keyword overlapping. I think for me it seems pretty redundant to add +Colorado +resorts keyword then +resorts +in +Colorado. So sometimes you can have 10 keywords in an ad group on broad match modifier but its all really the same. so I would like to see like an overlap recommendation or maybe I would just bid on all phrase/exact keywords.

Otherwise the tool is great and a great addition and timesaver for me!

:-)

PPCSophie