AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Editor 11.0 - Discuss with the Google Engineers and the Product Managers

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All,

AdWords Editor 11.0 is now available. Most of you would have downloaded this version by now. You may have seen some issues, or just have feedback or need help with some features. 

Post your thoughts here and our AdWords Editor Engineers and Product Managers will be happy to discuss. Now is the time...

Best,
Mini
7 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Editor 11.0 - Discuss with the Google Engineers and the Pr

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi all!

CTR is not displayed correctly. For example, instead of 39% it shows 0.39%. By the way, CTR is shown correctly on the AdWords interface, and on the previous Editor version.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mini,

that'a a nice offer.

the fist thing I miss: I cannot filter for a bulk of specific AdGroups anymore. In the oder versions there was a small window, where I could paste a list of items. So I could combine filter criteria by OR (not just by AND).

This was a very useful feature as I could analyse and evaluate specific AdGroups or Campaigns and then do bid changes for them in bulk.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have an issue with ValueTrack parameters:
In 10.6.0 I was able to enter this kind of URL into the destination URL field:
https://{ifnotmobile:www.somedomain.tld/path}{ifmobile:www.somedomain.tld/mobile/path}

In 11.0 this URL issues an error message and Editor does not post this update to the live account.

Cheers,
Thomas

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This seems to be a common occurrence on my end when I'm closing AE - I think I saw this at least 2 times out of the handful of times I used the program.  I'll try to document my steps a little more next time I'm in there.

-Tommy

editor-crash.png

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will say in general we hate the fact the top navigation bar for campaigns, adgroups, ads, KW and extensions are gone and now to move between things you have to go to the bottom left side. Heavy users of AWE are used to jump from these sections especially all the time and the new design does not make it easier.

additionally, I don't know the opposite word for intuitive, but that's what the new filter is. I cannot figure out how to make it work nor is it easy.

Also, the fact when adding new negative KW, the default is adgroup level and it's pretty easy to overlook it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
This verison of editor does not downloads Text ads in shared library.
Anybody have any additional info?
I know about location problem mentioned in earlier versions.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

nice... I've just saw that there is a new version. So here is my feedback so far:

Nice to have... 

• Pop-out windows
  • Undo / redo function 

Is missing...

• "Search and Replace" Shortcut has been gone? (Mac) 

Wishlist...

• Labels 
  • Conversion values in the statistics

I don't know what to say about the main navi... It will certainly take a lot of time to get used to it Smiley Frustrated

Cheers
Mario

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Draft accounts have been gone as well.

The help article says it is not supported in 11.0.

I just do not know whether this means "no more" or "currently"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is definitely a huge deal and need to be fixed ASAP. The filtering ability alongside navigation and bulk editing is the main reason we use AWE and now those are gone. really not clever design. Not sure who was responsible, but I don't think actual heavy product users were consulted (at least doesn't seem that way).