3.8K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Community Spotlight - Ollie

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

“I do like to see the AdWords Community to be a place where we can do more fun activities like doing a weekly quiz, brainstorming sessions, courses online where new advertisers can learn about AdWords….”

-Read further to find out about more about our newest Spotlight interview.

Q: To start off, give us some background about yourself and how you got started with PPC - specifically AdWords.

A: First of all, I would like to give a special thank you to my family for being there for me and the one person that introduce me to this wonderful community and of course, JP for inviting me to be here Smiley Happy. A little introduction of myself, I’m a post graduate student of accountancy on local university. How I got started with PPC, specifically AdWords is through a friend. Initially, I was totally clueless about advertising online until I’m introduced to AdWords. Going through the AdWords community and learning from there, has taught me that there are many ways to improve the campaigns by knowing what our true goal is. By the way, I’m still a newbie Smiley Tongue. To me, AdWords is a special kind of services provided by Google that gives the potential advertisers to efficiently use their skills and knowledge about advertisements. We can make an income out of it, by knowing what we are advertising and at the same time, promoting our business online.

Q: Tell us about your favorite AdWords feature?

A: My favorite AdWords feature is Keyword Planner. It’s an innovative application that gives you an accessible amount of keywords that you can choose whenever you want extra keyword ideas and their impact on campaigns. I haven’t fully use this feature but it sure gives me the ability to track which keywords that can drive traffic and leads to conversion. We sure get some trials and errors but that’s the fun of it, experimenting.

Q:  What do you enjoy most about the Community?

A: What I enjoy most about the Community is the environment itself. The people, the informations, the questions posted, the special events like the puzzles, Quizzical pursuits and AdWords Trivia keeps me interested in gaining new knowledge and experience. I can learn and share what I gained from the Community. On the plus side, I can meet new people from around the world. We can share each other’s knowledge and even laugh at the same time and eventually, become friends Smiley Happy.

Q: Where would you like to see the Adwords Community go in the future?

A: What the Community has now is doing great, in my opinion. But I do like to see the AdWords Community to be a place where we can do more fun activities like doing a weekly quiz, brainstorming sessions, courses online where new advertisers can learn about AdWords or even an Asian community since the technology are rapidly expanding every day.

Q: Let’s do a hypothetical question: Say the Google AdWords design team approached you asking you what is the one feature you would like to add to AdWords. What would it be?

A: Since I’m always on YouTube, I’d like to see YouTube features integrate into AdWords interface. For example, Video Editor where we can make video ads on AdWords interface. It will be a convenient feature for us to use without going through to YouTube to make a video ad. And at the same time, we can monitor the performance on how our ads give impact to the targeted users.

Q: Lastly to end our interview on a Googley note, tell us something cool about you?

A: An extra information, my siblings have the English power ( Malay is the main language here and English is the second language). Thanks to my parents for introducing us to English movies especially my dad, who love western heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jean Claude Van Damme Smiley Wink. And, I like cats. They are part of my family now. I’m hoping to make a big shelter for them to play around Smiley Happy.

Tune in to the Community to find out who will be the next on the Spotlight interview. Want to be featured in the next Spotlight? Let us know by posting a reply on this thread.

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Community Spotlight - Ollie

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Ollie, Interesting interview!
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Neha, thank you so much Cat Embarassed. It feels good to be in the community.

And, big thanks to JP for featuring me here Smiley Happy

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Ollie,

Your very welcome! As part of our AdWords Community family, I'm happy to have your awesome AdWords knowledge and experience highlighted in this week's Spotlight.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Interesting Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hmm... Nice to meet. I did not know all that....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Nice interview Ollie Smiley Happy

It's wonderful to see that although English is not your first language, but you are enthusiastic to post and actively participate in the Community.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Interesting Interview Ollie Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting Interview Smiley Happy