Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Community Spotlight - Kim Clink

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

“AdWords continues to evolve at a neck breaking pace!” says Kim.

Read further for more interesting stuff…

Q: Tell us about your career choice and how you ended up using AdWords with your Business.

A: Back in 1999 I decided to embrace my entrepreneurial spirit and launch my first business which was centered around Website Design and Organic Search Engine Optimization.  Approximately 4 years in an existing Client asked me about Google AdWords.  I was aware of AdWords but had not had the opportunity to work with it, and was excited to check it out.  It did not take long before I was completely smitten with AdWords.  How could someone not love a platform that allowed them to instantly create compelling advertising to drive traffic to a customers website?  Before long my business began to shift from Organic Optimization to Paid Search and by 2004 I was almost completely focused on Paid Search Advertising with AdWords being the vehicle.  I spent many years honing my AdWords skills and learning everything I could about the platform and its capabilities.  In 2012 I was invited to join as a Partner and EVP of Paid Search at Philly Marketing Labs.  We work with excellent clients and I have a job I truly love.

Q: Tell us about your best AdWords experience?

A: The best general experience centers around the fact that it is never gets stale or boring.  AdWords continues to evolve at a neck breaking pace!  I never get tired of my work and look forward to new features and what they can do to help support my clients’ success.  

Q: What's one lesson or tip you want to share with your fellow AdWords Community members?

A: Don't ever think you are done learning about AdWords.  The strategies that can go into marketing through AdWords can be very deep.  The data that you can extract from the interface along from Google Analytics can give you a deep level if insight and transparency into marketing performance.  

Q. What do you enjoy most about the Community?

A: The people and community leads who I learn so much from.  It is like a family there and not only do I respect the knowledge, patience and good will of the people in the community, I call many of them dear friends.  I also have really learned a lot by spending time in the community.  Being able to tap into so many marketing scenarios and helping people troubleshoot performance issues from keywords to landing pages gave me some great opportunities to learn something new.

Q: Where would you like to see the AdWords Community go in the future?

A: To keep up the direction it is headed in. I have been a part of this community since 2005 and cannot believe the evolution over the years. The amount of content shared and the opportunities to learn not only from asking questions, but from answering them makes it a productive Community.

Q: Lastly to end our interview on a Googley note, tell us something cool about you? Or something you’ve experienced?

A: Sadly, people will probably think I am boring Smiley Wink  I am not much of a dare devil.  I don't travel the world.  Cool to me is hanging with my family or farting around in my garden, and having a job I truly love.  Since that probably sounds boring, probably one of the 'coolest' things I have done was going to the Googleplex a few times for Top Contributor Summits.  It is an extremely amazing place, and there were so many people from all over the world and I did make some nice friendships with those people that last to this day.

Want to be the next spotlight icon? Just reply on this thread.

8 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Community Spotlight icon - Kim Clink

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Kim, you rock!
And you are a dare devil in your own little way Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Ohhh.... A spotlight on Kim.. (  @Kim_Clink ):     one of the figures who helped to shape the PPC business  as we know it today..  Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Smiley Happy, Kim ... ! Smiley Happy
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Have to agree with @MosheTLV here, I'd consider Kim a pioneer in a lot of respects.

In fact, if it wasn't for @Kim_Clink and her wonderful personality, warmth and kindness, I wouldn't be here today (posting on the community I mean).

Kim, while you might not be a dare devil, the connections you make are deeper than most. It's a rare quality. I'm proud to say that I'm in your circles Smiley Happy

Re: AdWords Community Spotlight - Kim Clink

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Awesome!!

She works with some amazing people too. Smiley Happy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
WOW! Thanks Guys! I am so flattered by the nice words!

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Kim, Adwords Rockstar Smiley Happy and i second @PPCBossman Smiley Very Happy

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Great spotlight! 

Over the years, I have learned that when I see a post, a tweet, a video or a thread by Kim that it is something that I need to pay attention to because I am likely to learn something.

Certainly a well desrved spot light on one of our industries best.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Personality, Everyone's Adore including me!
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’