Guide Me
star_border

***AdWords Beginners' Guide from the Community - Part I***

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello AdWords Community Members!

This week, we are launching a new Community event called, AdWords Beginners' Guide from the CommunityThe focus of the event is to post the most common questions someone new to the Adwords Community would submit to the forum with the best answers coming from the Community.

Who can participate? 
All Community users - the newest to most experienced including Top Contributors and Rising Stars are welcome to participate in this event. We especially encourage those members who have recently signed up for an AdWords account!

This will be a two-part event:

Part I [questions submitted from the Community].

Part II [answer submitted from the Community].

For Part I, we need the Community members to post questions you would typically ask the first time you created your AdWords account. The goal is to post the most creative answers you can think of as an Advertiser. Remember, there can be more than one right answer for each question!

For those of you who just created an AdWords account recently, this is an ideal time to ask the Community members for help with your Adwords questions.

We will begin Part II when we have a good amount of submitted questions from the Community. Remember anyone from the Community can respond with their best answers. The Community will give Adwords_Star.png 's to their favorite answers. Each posted answer with the most stars will be recognized as the best answer from the Community.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help you get started with Part I, here are some example questions:

Sample#1: How do I find good keywords for my Campaign Ads?

Sample#2: My ads show approved but does not appear on the SERP (Search Engine ResultsPage). How do I find out if my ads are running?

Sample#3: My ad's Average position [Avg. Pos.] is always 5-6, thus increasing the bid, help me to get the top positions!

Sample#4: How many keywords do you recommend having in an ad group?

Sample#5: Should I start off with a Search or Display campaign or both?

Sample#6: I am getting a lot of traffic, but no sales. Why?

Sample#7: How do I choose negative keywords? Why do I need negative keywords?

[Reminder: Don’t submit any answers until Part II starts!]

AdWords-Beginners'-Guide-from-the-Community-2.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ***AdWords Beginners' Guide from the Community - Part I***

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

I have just recently created Adwords campaigns for Singapore targeting. Campaigns are getting click and impressions but when I search keywords on the Google, my ads does not turn up. So what is the problems & how can I see the active ads in Google?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Mayank,

Thank you for your question. I will include it as one of the questions which the community can answer for you in Part II which will start on Monday, 12/16. For other community members, I highly encourage you to post up your Adwords questions, too.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi All,

Here's your last chance to post your AdWords new account questions. Starting tomorrow morning at 9:00AM PST, Part II of the event will go Live.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee