Guide Me
star_border

9th AdWords Quizzical Pursuit - Be the Community Quiz Champion

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi Community friends,

Wish you all a very happy and properous new year 2014. Hope you are all packed with fresh energy and enthusiasm! Let's get into action with an interesting quiz my our super quizzer, Top Contributor Scotty on:

Jan 2nd 

7 am PST
8.30 pm IST
3 pm GMT

What is this quiz? 
A series of AdWords questions asked one after the other, increasing in difficulty level in a span of 2-3 hours. All you need to do is provide the best quality answer ASAP. 

What's interesting? 
The user who answers the maximum number of questions correctly in a minimum amount of time will be named the Community Quiz ChampionThey will also receive surprise swag from the Community team.

Previous Quiz Champions
RakeshShwetaOllieShuva, Krishna and Shanky were the Community Quiz Champions in the previous Quizzical Pursuits. The challenge is to increase the number of Quiz Champions on this Community! 

Who can participate? 
All Community users - new, brand new, newest and the oldest, including Top Contributors and Rising Stars are welcome to participate in this quiz. 

Tune into this space to answer those quizzical AdWords questions,
Mini
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 9th AdWords Quizzical Pursuit - Be the Community Quiz Champion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening fellow quiz enthusiasts and welcome to our ninth edition of AdWords Quizzical Pursuit!

With our last quiz you guys shared your broad and extensive knowledge of Google AdWords by answering a mixed selection of pop questions; this week I'm going to test your knowledge even further as we explore another mixed variety of AdWords topics. Get comfortable, grab a drink and let's get ready to quiz with question number one...

What is a superlative and when might Google allow the use of one in an ad?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That would be saying something is the best or #1, and can only be used if you can prove from a third party that you actually are the best.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Scott,

Superlatives such as #1, Best, Top etc or any such claim should be 100% correct or should be on landing page clearly. Should be verified by third party verification (authorized third party) if you want to use them in adcopy. you need to have some proof to backup claims that you are using in adcopy and landing page.

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone Smiley Happy
- Superlative means the form of an adverb or adjective that expresses a degree of the adverb or adjective being used that is greater than any other possible degree of the given descriptor, for example "best".
- It is allowed when there is a verification by a third party clearly displayed on the ad's website. Third-party verification must come from someone or some group unrelated to the site.

*I searched the meaning of superlative on Wiki.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Welcome to the quiz Nathan, Neha and ollie; thank you for starting us off with perfect answers! The questions will become progressively harder but let's keep things simple for now with question two...

What is the first thing a potential client will see with a Click-to-Play video ad?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
A static opening image.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
They will see an opening image which is static.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
First client will see an opened static image.
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Static Image