12 Questions with Abbie Roberts (Community Member of the Week)[ Edited ]
March 2016 - last edited March 2016
Today we're bringing you the third installment in our "new and improved " Community Member of the week series, in which we learn more about the background and everyday life of a fellow member of the AdWords Community.
@Abbie R is a freelance account manager and marketing consultant who's passionate about prioritizing the important things (meditation and good food to name a few!).
1. What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?
Positive, Enthusiastic, Perfectionist.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be the next Charles Darwin and discover strange new creatures and places across the World.
3. What do you do for work now?
I'm a full time freelance account manager, and marketing consultant.
4. How long have you been using AdWords?
5. What is the most recent piece of AdWords knowledge you’ve learned?
Dynamic keyword insertion ads do not perform as well as other traditional ads according to data collected by Search Engine Land. DKI, when you think about it, is really splitting your ad into two halves behaving separately, which you can not always make sure are 100% effective in selling your product or service when working together. You think you are gaining a level of control when in reality you are really giving that over the the searcher (who we know often doesn’t know exactly what they are searching for until after a few tries).
6. Best marketing advice you’ve ever received?
Build lasting relationships.
7. What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
Italy. Gorgeous food, weather and surroundings!
8. What’s unique about where you live now?
I’m lucky enough to live right next door to some small, private allotments! It’s lovely to get outside and also enjoy home grown produce throughout the year.
9. What does a typical day look like for you?
Breakfast, chores, try to make time for mediation, catch up on PPC news, work on my client accounts/meetings/calls until 5 or 6pm, cook a healthy meal (or attempt to I’m a total food snob). Relax with a film or a good book.
10. If you had an extra hour every day, how would you spend it?
Meditating or doing yoga!
11. What’s been the most fun experience you’ve had or project you’ve worked on in the past year?
Starting work as a freelancer has been really fun. Developing my personal brand, style of working and client base is so rewarding even though it has it’s challenges. Besides that, visiting the Kerry Dark Sky reserve in Southern Ireland to see the Perseid meteor shower with my best friend last year (During my A Level years I was awarded a Physics Scholarship at my local private school. I wanted to go to University to study Aeronautical Engineering and work for NASA).
12. What’s coming up this year that you’re most excited for?
I’m really looking forward to (hopefully) my partner and I getting our own home this year! I was hoping to get to SMX London this year but might have to save up and wait until next year haha!