Guide Me
star_border

11th Quizzical Pursuit- Be the Community Quiz Champion

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi Community friends,

Yes. We know you've been waiting and that it's time for the next quiz. Here are the details: 

11th Quizzical Pursuit - On Feb 7, Friday a7 am PST, 8.30 pm IST, 3 pm GMT

What is this quiz? 
A series of AdWords questions asked one after the other, increasing in difficulty level in a span of 2-3 hours. All you need to do is provide the best quality answer ASAP. The user who answers the maximum number of questions correctly will be named the Community Quiz ChampionThey will also receive surprise swag from the Community team.

Previous Quiz Champions
RakeshShwetaOllieShuvaKrishnaShanky, JoyHawkinsChris WDavid S and Brian (vkore91) stood out as the Community Quiz Champions in the previous Quizzical Pursuits. Up for the next challenge? Go for it and let's increase the number of Quiz Champions on this Community. 

Who can participate? 
All Community users - new, brand new, newest and the oldest, including Top Contributors and Rising Stars are welcome to participate in this quiz. 

Get ready,
Mini
7 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 11th Quizzical Pursuit- Be the Community Quiz Champion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening fellow quiz enthusiasts and welcome to our eleventh edition of AdWords Quizzical Pursuit!

This week we are going to focus on a very important topic in relation to generating conversions, that topic being how to get the best out of landing pages. Get comfortable, grab a drink and let's get ready to quiz with question number one...

I have an AdWords campaign ready to run but I've been advised by a friend that I should leave it paused for now because my landing pages aren't up to scratch. Does it really matter if my landing pages aren't as good as they can be?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Even if your landing pages aren't perfect, leaving your campaign paused will result in missing out on a significant amount of qualified traffic.  The only consequence of unoptimized landing pages is that you may pay more for each click due to a lower quality score.

*If your landing pages are not optimized for conversions, you will see a lower conversion rate as well.

Overall it's a question of whether you're able to run a profitable campaign using your current landing page, and the only way to know this is to run the campaign.  If it is clear that the current landing page makes this impossible, you can then pause the campaign and optimize the landing page(s).

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Yes, it matters. I suggest you do leave your Campaign paused until your Landing Pages are ideal and optimal and how you want them. While you could launch your Campaign, if your Landing Pages are not ideal, this is likely to lead to a poor user experience and a give you a poor ROI on your AdWords investment. Although technically you could launch, I'd suggest waiting until you have improved your Landing Pages and have them exactly how you want them. Great Landing Pages ultimately lead to satisfied searchers and positive Quality Scores.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Good evening everyone Smiley Happy

My answer:
Landing page is important because it shows our content to the users who clicked on the ad. It's like a first impression to the visitors. It is important to have a good quality landing page. If it has below average experience, then it is necessary to tune it up by having these 3 guidelines which are:-
1) It is relevant, useful and have original content.
2) It has transparency and trustworthiness.
3) Easy to navigate.

More info on this link- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Having a low performing landing page results in a lower quality score which results in a higher cost-per-click so it is advisable that the landing page be as great as possible.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Welcome to the quiz ladies and gentlemen, it's nice to see you all again Smiley Happy Now I must admit that I do advise that the landing pages are kept paused until the landing pages are of an acceptable quality. You not only risk your AdWords ROI as Brian has pointed out but you can even jeapordise future results as Joy has mentioned. Interesting thoughts all around though!

Let's progress with question two...

I have heard that landing page relevancy is somehow linked to AdWords performance, can someone explain what this relevancy actually is and how it is connected to AdWords?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, it is important because landing pages are the last step before conversion. They should persuade customers to make an action. If we have bad landing pages, then we could have a great CTR but really bad ROI because our visitors would bounce without conversion.
And as we know they affect quality score, which affects ad rank.
So they are integral part of any good campaign. If we have a low quality score, then we must pay more for showing our ads.
And, one more thing...
Landing pages must be A/B tested. Because a little change in page look can lead to big change
in conversion rate.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni
Landing Page relevancy is a component of your Quality Score. Google looks for pages to be relevant to the Ads and Keywords for which they're served, and to have certain components. What Google wants - pages that are unique, contain valuable content for users, and are easy for searchers to navigate. Since Landing Page relevancy is linked to Quality Score, having Landing Pages with unique, valuable content that users can easily navigate can help give you strong Quality Scores. Strong Quality Scores can help with your Ad Rank, and essentially lower you actual CPCs.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
If your landing page is not relevant to the keyword you are bidding on, it results in a poor experience for the user because they are not finding what they were searching for. This will negatively impact your quality score and increase the amount you have to pay per click.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual