Partners
4K members online now
4K members online now
Announcements of events, new products, and updates from Google.
Guide Me
star_border

[Sept 2, 2016] New Features on the Community

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

We are excited to announce a few new features on the community:

1) In order to gather insights from everyone at scale and improve the user experience, we launched a survey. We will be running it for a few weeks and using it to shape our platform roadmap. Thank you all for the feedback.

2) For new users, we are showing an easy way to ask your first new question. We are already seeing folks using this a lot, and hope to make the experience even better in the upcoming months.

2.png

3) Based on a lot of feedback from users, Like/Share/Reply buttons have been improved (and already seeing a lot more engagement here).

3.png

4) Quick reply now has Bold, Italic, Underline, URL linking, @mentions (try typing ‘@’) & Macros (you can add in your profile settings). This will allow users to stay on quick reply for the most common features people go to in the Full Editor. Image posting is being worked on, thank you for your patience!

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to work on more improvements.

Woohoo,

Y

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: [Sept 2, 2016] New Features on the Community

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for the update Yuri, everything is looking good. 

New Pop-up, for users, nice... I have seen that the @ sign populates the users in the thread, that helps a lot! Originally I created my profile and was told to use Spencer_Wade not Spencer Wade (no dash) has this been fixed or should we keep the names in place? 

I do have a question, why is there so many options on posting? "RICH TEXT HTML PREVIEW" Is this for different devices? Meaning shouldn't the full editor always be in play? Just seems like an extra step we are always forced to take when we start replying and notice we are not in the editor?  

Another question is about linking, since we have options via drop-down to make the link internal or external why dont we just make that external so when people add links it opens a separate tab and keeps them in the platform. 

Also I filled out the survey and it seems to be following me every so often, not sure if there is a limit (frequency CapSmiley Happy that could be put in place for the user....

Just a couple of thoughts. I appreciate the hard work and your time...

Have a great weekend!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Yuri Kleban,

The changes are working well and I do think the "ask a question" popup will bring more engagement. I have seen the survey four times (only after logging out and logging back in), as Spencer mentioned. Adding the @ feature to the quick reply is super great. 

The only issue I am having is that my notifications & subscriptions are still broken. I was told some have this after the upgrades and the technical team is looking into it. I sure hope this can be fixed as it makes keeping up with the members I am helping quite difficult. I have to go to my account panel and reopen every thread I have provided an answer and see of the original poster came back. Talk about being crippled. 

Aside from that glitch, the changes seem to be well done and thought out. 

Thanks for your help and time with this,

James

[Sept 2, 2016] New Features on the Community

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

@Spencer_Wade -- thanks for the feedback.

1) surveys are triggered by a cookie. Are you on incognito mode by any chance/ erase your cookies? You should only see it once and that's all. The only way you would see it again is if you don't have a cookie (by either clearing cache & cookies or using incognito window). @James_Clemens -- same questions to you if you don't mind.

2) I would suggest to remove the _ in your username and check it out. I believe it should work. However, just pressing '@' should also show all the users in the conversation to make it easier for users

3) Full editor is a 'heavier' set and thus we do not want to load it everytime. Also bringing the full editor to quick reply fully is something that we are unable to do today. Thus, we wanted to bring out the top used features to the quick reply, and leave the full reply for the 'hardcore' users.

@James-- FYI, the issue with notification/emails are not with these launches, and they are being worked on by the Lithium team. We are hoping for a quick fix soon, so stay tuned Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Yuri K.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks for the breakdown, appreciate it!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Yuri Kleban,

Yes, if I stay logged in or don't clear my cache, the survey does not come back. If I log out, clear cache, the survey returns. It does make sense, of course, so thanks for the info. 

As for the notifications & subscriptions, I do understand and will remain in waiting for the fix. It will be great to be able to help again and keep up. I have stopped posting by 95% as digging through history and revisiting every thread/post is eating my help time here. 

Thanks again and have a great weekend,

James