Partners
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Announcements of events, new products, and updates from Google.
Guide Me
star_border

Googler Spotlight: Megan Sjulin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This post was pulled from the Badged Google Partners Communit

This week, we’re introducing new Googler contributors to both the GPC and here on the BGP community. Today, we’re pleased to introduce +Megan Sjulin  (pronounced: “shoe - lin”), who is an account strategist in the North American Advertiser Services Group. Megan will be joining us in the Badged Partners Community to post and to answer questions related to AdWords. Megan will focus on mobile, analytics, and the AdWords editor._

head%2Bshot

Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska

Tell us a bit about your path to becoming a Googler.
I graduated college from Texas Christian University with a degree in Marketing and Communications. During the end of my college career, I discovered the opportunity to work for Google’s AdWords Customer Experience team specializing in small to medium sized businesses, and I jumped on the opportunity to move to a new place, learn more about online digital marketing through AdWords and all of Google’s products, and work with amazing peers.

Which skills do you consider indispensable to your work?
Definitely strong time management skills and being able to juggle multiple projects. Also being calm, patient, and collected in a variety of situations and being able to communicate will all types of clients.

What most excites you about working with the Google Partners Community?
My dream in the Marketing world has always been to work with agencies and help agencies succeed. The Google Partners Program reflects agencies who are committed to the success of their own clients through Google’s suite of products, and being able to work together with Partners as a team can only help build up this positive relationship.

What is the most important thing our members should know about analytics or the AdWords editor? 
For Analytics, my go-to report that I love showing clients is the Behavior Flow report (https://goo.gl/h8DZqk). This report shows where people started on your site through sources/mediums, and where they ended. You can also highlight different channels to dive deeper. For AdWords Editor, sometimes the most helpful thing is to know what it can’t do, which is highlighted here (https://goo.gl/WKsNf1). 

If you could use just one Google product other than AdWords for the rest of your life, which would you pick? 
Ooh this is a tough one! For business purposes, definitely Analytics because of all the capabilities it can provide for total website reporting. But for personal purposes, Gmail and Google Maps are my daily lifesavers.

When you’re not at Google, or in front of a computing device, what are you most likely to be doing? 
My favorite hobbies include exploring San Francisco, watching movies (the old-school way by seeing them in theaters), and spending time with friends and family.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Googler Spotlight: Megan Sjulin

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing Yvonne, great bio Megan!