Partners
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Announcements of events, new products, and updates from Google.
Guide Me
star_border

Googler Spotlight: Kenneth Hamilton

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
 This was pulled from the Google Partners - North America Community

We’re pleased to introduce two new Googler product experts who will be posting and answering questions in the Google Partners Community. Today, we’re welcoming Kenneth Hamilton (Kenny), who will focus on new products and feature updates.

Pic1.jpgHometown

I was born and raised in a small suburb southwest of Raleigh, North Carolina called Holly Springs!

Tell us a bit about your path to becoming a Googler.

I attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and I studied International Business and Philosophy. While studying abroad in Hong Kong during my Junior year, I stumbled upon an application for the Google AdCamp for rising Seniors in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I actually filled out the application at 3AM in my bed because I couldn't sleep that night! I learned that I was accepted to attend the camp while vacationing in Vietnam after my semester abroad ended. The week before my Senior year of college, I visited the Google office in Ann Arbor, Michigan for the camp. It was there that I gained my first exposure to my current job here at Google, and I became a full-time employee in 2015 in the Mountain View headquarters!

Pic2.jpgWhich skills do you consider indispensable to your work?

I'm all about creativity, light-heartedness, and accessibility when it comes to my work! To me, communication is key. Delivering good business means telling a complete story in an accessible and approachable way. Raw numbers and statistics are obviously indispensable, but the story and your personal touch can be equally important to your success! I try to be a friend and a storyteller before a businessman, and I think that approach works well when it comes to helping small businesses.

What most excites you about working with the Google Partners Community?

I'm excited to jump headfirst into the Google Partners Community. From what I've seen already, it is amazing how collaborative and amicable everyone can be in these forums! I help a lot of businesses every day in my job, but often I am speaking one-on-one with business owners. The chance to impart expert knowledge and advice on a large community all at once is the true value proposition to my work! Likewise, business owners are always surprised at how much knowledge and advice we can impart when they contact us via our support line. The chance to blast out that information to everyone here is something I am very excited about!

What is the most important thing our members should know about remarketing?

One of the most fascinating aspects of Google AdWords is that we offer features that can replicate the same advertising techniques that large corporations utilize. Showing small businesses that they too can take advantage of these "expert" marketing techniques is always fun and exciting. When people realize "oh, remarketing is what causes those shoes I wanted to follow me around the internet!", that is always a fun light bulb moment. Google AdWords makes remarketing possible in a very accessible way that is easy to understand, easy to implement, and oftentimes super effective for any business! The most important thing about remarketing is that, well, it's possible! And it doesn't stop there. So many cool features of AdWords help small- and medium-sized businesses directly compete with some of the top industry names on an equal playing field.

If you could use just one Google product other than AdWords for the rest of your life, which would you pick?

I would have to pick YouTube! Let's be honest, we've all sat down at 10 PM for "five minutes of cooking demonstration videos" before bedtime, only to later realize you've been watching videos for six hours and the sun is starting to rise through your window blinds. I use YouTube for a lot of great things! I make and share seasonal music playlists for my friends that live back on the east coast, and I've recently started to find new recipes for the crock pot I received in my Secret Santa gift exchange last year! I think YouTube is an awesome way to learn, laugh, and love, and I don't think I could live without it!

Pic3.jpgWhen you’re not at Google, or in front of a computing device, what are you most likely to be doing?

I'm a huge cooking fan. My mom was a wonderful Italian cook. On Sunday mornings, I woke up to the smell of meatballs cooking in marinara sauce. I try to take as many cooking classes as possible, and I love trying my hand at new recipes. I also have an absurd knowledge of global cuisine and food. I've also recently gotten into fitness. I've lost about 90 pounds since graduating high school, when I was clinically classified as obese. That journey has been one of the greatest things I have ever done! Kickboxing, hiking, and simply exploring San Francisco are the ways I fit in some meaningful movement in my day!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Googler Spotlight: Kenneth Hamilton

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing Alex! Great bio Kenneth!