Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Announcements of events, new products, and updates from Google.
Guide Me
star_border

Community Manager Spotlight: Yvonne Lee

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This post was pulled from the Google Partners - North America Community

This week, we're thrilled to announce our new Google Community Manager Yvonne Lee! Yvonne brings a wealth of community management experience to her new role, and as you will see she's lived all over the map. I'm sure you'll all have a lot of questions (and warm greetings!) for Yvonne. We asked her some questions about herself, so let's all take some time to get to know Yvonne.

IMG_0250.jpg

Hometown:

Not applicable as I was a military brat! Places I’ve lived: Swindon, UK; Banbury, UK; Upper Peninsula of Michigan; Lancaster County, PA (Amish Country); Plattsburgh, NY (near where the Clinton Prison break was); Willingboro, NJ (Carl Lewis country); New Brunswick, NJ; Princeton, NJ; Palo Alto, CA; College Station, TX; San Francisco Bay Area, CA (current)

What are your first impressions of the GPC?

It seems like a great place to get tips from peers, as well as from Googlers.

What do you consider to be the qualities of an ideal community manager?

An executive once told me that he felt that a good manager gives his team the tools it needs to succeed, and then gets out of the way. In a way, managing an online community is like that. Set the tone, figure out what the community needs, and nurture it to become self-sustaining.

What are your short-term goals as you become familiar with the community?

Well, right now, I’m still drinking water from the proverbial firehose, but I hope to discover what the community needs and how best to provide it.

Besides AdWords, what is your favourite Google product/service and why?

WAZE. I can’t live without it. Not only do I live in an area prone to traffic jams, but I also do a lot of traveling throughout the US. It’s indispensable.

If you could interview anyone on a Hangout, who would it be?

Stephen Colbert. It would be great to see how he handles sitting on the other side of the desk.

Nerd_Nation.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Community Manager Spotlight: Yvonne Lee

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks, Alex!