YouTube Remarketing Best Practices
- Refined targeting: Remarket to your potential customers by using specific categories, such as topics, interests, keywords, demographics, etc.
- Various ad formats: Build and target your remarketing campaign with video ads and other creative formats (text, image, and rich media ads on the Google Display Network).
- Detailed reports: Optimize your remarketing campaign based on performance metrics. For example, raise bids on specific topics or channels that generate the greatest ad response.
- Ease of use: Easily create, manage, and target your remarketing lists.
- Custom audiences: Customize your targeting by combining your remarketing lists. For example, you can reach audiences who viewed your movie trailer but haven’t yet viewed your ad promoting the DVD release.
You can then use these lists in your targeting settings for new or existing campaigns. Manage your lists anytime in the "Audiences" section of the Shared library".
Then after you select YouTube users you will come to a screen like this:
Name your remarketing list and set your duration, then hit create.
Once you have the list created you will be able to see your list details:
Add a video remarketing list to a Search or Display Network campaign
You can add this remarketing list to an ad group with image ads or text ads.
- To do this for Display Network campaigns, use the "Display Network" tab in your campaign view to target the remarketing lists you just created.
- To do this for Search Network or shopping campaigns, use the “Audiences” tab in your standard AdWords campaign view then click + Targeting.
Keep in mind
Some lists aren't able to be used for certain campaign types.
Have any of you set up a YouTube remarketing list? If so, what are some challenges you faced or some tips you could share with the community? Please leave comments below.
I manage and consult for large Automotive Groups. Everything SoLoMo (Social, Local, Mobile) advertising strategies to maximize ROI.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.