AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

video mp4 in my Business page post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to put my YouTube video mp4 in my Business page post but it shows a black screen with an error message.Where are instructions for doing this the correct way?

1 Expert replyverified_user

video mp4 in my Business page post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Vickie,

Please note that you must upload the actual video and not pull it from YouTube. You can learn more about Google My Business posts with this information.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: video mp4 in my Business page post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
upload the actual video and not pull it from YouTube
What does that mean?what is actual video?
I have no clue what you mean by any of that. Im not a tech,expert,webmaster... none of what you said made any sense to me. did you click the links i posted?

The ACTUAL video did not come from you tube. I made the video online and put it on you tube. It is on facebook works just fine... put it in google + page post or GMB post(whatever you all call that ) and it is a black box. So if it plays on facebook it must be google post with a problem.
I need someone who can tell me in simple NON tech ,less vague explanation on how to upload this video... what is it i am looking for on my pc to upload. Actual video tells me nothing. im anxious to know the difference between a video and actual video

Re: video mp4 in my Business page post

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vickie,

I am trying to put my YouTube video mp4 in my Business page post but it shows a black screen with an error message.Where are instructions for doing this the correct way?

My previous reply to you was in reference to your post, which is quoted above. You now state that the video is not from YouTube and ask me if I clicked on your links... which there are not links to click. 

Actual video means the source file, the mp4 file for the video that is on your computer. You have to upload the mp4 source file to your Google My Business listing, just as you would a photo. If you want to learn more in a "NON tech less vague explanation," you should click the link I provided to you in my previous reply and learn more. 

Further, this is a help community for Google My Business, not G+. My information is focused on Google My Business only. Do you have a Google My Business listing for your business? 

Kind Regards,

James