AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

update Cover Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Domaine Lou Castet
2. Current business address: 34 Route de la Barthe 65150 Tuzaguet

3. Current telephone number: 06 43 64 37 47
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=993436775222683103&hl=en-GB&_ga=2.15989494.1397132452.1509617845-880...
5. Website (if applicable): https://www.domaineloucastet.com

How can I upload a different cover photo? The answers I've found are all out of date.

Thanks,

Lydia Orth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lydia O
November

Re: update Cover Photo

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

No problem Lydia,

If you don't have the pencil like the image attached below you likely don't have the correct amount of access to edit this. Did someone else create your business listing and give you access? if so ask them to increase your access level to Manager or above.

2017-11-03_1437.jpg

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Lydia,

To change your cover photo login to Google My Business https://www.google.com/business/.

If you are in card view  - Once logged in scroll down to find your business listing, click on "Manage Business" then look at the navigation on the left and click "Photos". This should take you to where you want to be.

If you are in list view - after logging in to GMB scroll down to find your listing, click on it, then scroll to the bottom of the listing then click "Add Photos". Your cover photo will likely be the image that you have at the top left of the screen. Click the Pencil to change it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Dan,

Thanks a lot for taking the time replying to me.

Unfortunately it is still not clear to me. First of all I don’t see an option to choose between 'card view' or 'listing view', I guess I am on default which is 'card view’(?).

In any case, when I follow the steps you wrote down for 'card view', your last sentence is: “...look at the navigation on the left and click "Photos". This should take you to where you want to be.”. But then I am just on the page where photo’s can be added or removed, but that still doesn’t tell me how to change the cover picture.

Regarding your second explanation, I do not have any pencil. I just have the standard page for adding or deleting pictures (see screenshot attached).

Any idea what I should do to change the cover photo?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Lydia

update Cover Photo

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Lydia,

I'm not seeing a screenshot attached, could you please re-post it?

Thanks!

update Cover Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dan,

It is not taking my attachment. But I am seeing just the basic view with all the pictures I have uploaded and the picture on the top left is called 'cover', the one next to it 'profile'. I do not see any pencil...

Thanks again for your time!

Lydia

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lydia O
November

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

No problem Lydia,

If you don't have the pencil like the image attached below you likely don't have the correct amount of access to edit this. Did someone else create your business listing and give you access? if so ask them to increase your access level to Manager or above.

2017-11-03_1437.jpg

update Cover Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Dan, you are a life saver!! Yes, my partner created the business listing. He has upgraded my access level now and I see the pencil and are able to change the cover photo.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,

Lydia

update Cover Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having a similar issue as well however when I click on the pencil to change the cover, there is no change on the actual google search.  I have tried clearing cookies, logging out, and all the other troubleshoot options however still having this same issue.

update Cover Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Aaron,

My issue was resolved as I did’t have the highest access of the GMB account. My partner set it up and gave me ‘administrator’ access, but in order to change the picture you will need to have ‘owner’-access.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lydia