AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

unable to get buisness address changed to correct address do to map identifacation error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems like an act of congress to get my correct address listed because there is an error on google maps, I have tried to edit my address 3 times only to be told that maps has an error on my street identification and even though when searched it shows up correctly, but because there is a typo error on maps my listing cant give a correct physical address and when customers look me up they know this address doesn't exist in real life. For a search engine giant that constantly request correct and accurate information be listed why can't you correct it?I would be happy to call or be called by support personnel but that either doesn't exist or can not be found? any help here would be greatly appreciated .

1 Expert replyverified_user

unable to get buisness address changed to correct address do to map identifacation error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

would be better to get provided by you the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sorry about that, Able Sewing  2979 F 3/10 Road Grand Junction Co. 81504 (970)244-9029 google search Able Sewing

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

it's about this listing apparently:

https://goo.gl/maps/omH26v9fGrK2

Since it is a verified listing can you please explain what or how you tried to change the address (from actually "2979 F 3, Grand Junction, CO 81504") to the mentioned correct address "2979 F 3/10 Road Grand Junction CO 81504"

But it could well be this isn't possible yet as GMaps doesn't know and understand the street  "F3/10 Road" in Grand Junction CO at all.

I tried to find your address with Bing.com and they seem knowing the street "F3/10 Road" in Grand Juction CO as the same street known in GMaps as the plain "F3 Road"

Please check this GMaps link 

https://goo.gl/maps/NGyXSvjGrU22 and confirm me it shows a location at the "F3/10 Road" rather then "F3  Road".

If so we have to deal this further as a GMaps issue 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

checked out the url and it is listed as F3 also.have tried google my business edit address when submitted it returns back to default of F3. interestingly if you go to google maps 2017 and search www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x87471e8ad5... and scroll north and south of F3 you will encounter that F1/4 Rd. is shown as F1 and south to F1/2 Rd. it is also shown as F1 however the address tabs are shown as F1/4Rd. and F1/2Rd. where as F3 tabs are shown as F3 address's this is defiantly a map error. both superpages and yp show correct info and map locations. possibly googles algorithms will only allow fractions converted to there decimal equivalents and wont allow the use of slash marks in streets ,roads, courts, avenues,  etc. This would be some what more recognizable ie; F1/4 = F .25 ,  F 3/10 = F .3 , F1/2 = F .5 etc. but seeing how there address tabs convert to fractions our at least list them correctly what happened to the F 3/10 Rd. address tabs? and why is F1/4 Rd. and F1/2 Rd. both shown as F1?