Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

"No Entry" sign for photos in My Business listing in Google Search

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had this problem for a while and I've exhausted my Google-fu abilities searching for a solution to this problem (found threads with this issue spanning for the last several years).

What the problem is:

Several photos in our company's My Business listing show a "No Entry" sign:

https://www.google.bg/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x40a453f555c8ea2f:0x800066905eab5c!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!...

What I've tried:

Picasa webalbums - shows NO photos

Picasa desktop version - also pulls NO photos

Google Photos - shows no photos except the ones I specifically uploaded later into a separate album and are not used for the business account (they are duplicates though - don't let that confuse you)

The no-entry photos DO NOT show up on any screen that I can delete them from

It seems these images are part of a Scrapbook album but that album is not visible from anywhere except a certain popup from the edit screen but it does not show the problematic images in there.

I don't seem to be able to remove photos from the edit interior photos section of the My Business profile (clicking on a photo just redirects to the front-end photos tab of the Google+ profile)

Tried every type of image popup I could find to find a delete option for these photos. Even tried to "hack" it by trying to replace the photo ID in the url of photos that I can delete and try to delete that.

Album of screenshots showing the issue, no delete links, no scrapbook album being visible/editable etc.:
http://imgur.com/a/ZyG3y

The whole photo management seems entirely broken with functionality thrown around into several separate services and several entirely different ways to view and manage them with no logical reason for them to be that way.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Colan (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: "No Entry" sign for photos in My Business listing in Goo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Atanas A

These 'no entry' signs are what remain after photos have been deleted. Normally they should be wiped from the servers within a couple of days, but there have been a few posts recently saying they're hanging around for weeks / months.

I recommend contacting Google+ support via one of the options at support.google.com/business/contactflow and asking them to remove the ghost photos if possible.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog