My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

"Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for your page."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. RobotFX

2. Soi Yommarat 6, Thapthan, Uthaithani 61120, Thailand

3. 085 340 5425

4. +RobotFX

Is there any way to get a real custom URL? The business' site is robotfx.ro, but G+ won't even allow me a +RobotFXRo custom name. I'm being asked to add a few letters/numbers to the 'custom' URL, but if I do that it would be custom anymore, wouldn't it? It will just become some other company name.

If I'd be able to choose this custom URL then I'd choose RobotFX only. Is that possible in any way?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for your page.&qu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Meanwhile (replying to myself lol), I might have done things worst, by merging the business page (above) with my old G+ page here https://plus.google.com/+RobotfxeaBlogspotMT4/posts
So now I already have a custom URL from the second page, unfortunately.
Can I change RobotfxeaBlogspotMT4 to RobotFX?
RobotfxeaBlogspotMT4 is as useless as RobotFXblablabla would be.

Re: "Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for your page.&qu

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Nope

changing of accepted custom URLs isn't possible

Re: "Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for your page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What if I create another page? Can I choose a different Url than the one Google wants to give me? Like in the first case, deleting some letters instead of adding more non-sense would have been nice.

Sent from mobile
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Star L
March 2016

Re: "Add a few extra letters or numbers to this URL to get one that is unique for your page.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi,

Just adding to Helmut's answer - the term 'custom url' is a bit misleading as you can't really select what goes into the URL - that is determined by Google's algorithm. If you don't like what's being offered, you can only decline and wait for a (hopefully) better offer.

Creating another page may not provide you with a better URL - it will simply cause you to have a duplicate local page and will probably result in one or other of the pages being suspended and removed from search results.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Then I'll do that, since I don't care to much about g+ right now, and wait for the better offer.
If not, a 653564355677543 url (of the new page) will be no different than robotfxWhateverOtherLetters (what I have now) and big brother G can delete either of these, from my part.
Thanks for the info.

Sent from mobile