AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

questions regarding maps search and distance/area

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My Business is:

A.J. Allulli - Master Piano Technician

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A.J.+Allulli+-+Master+Piano+Technician/@30.3706459,-90.035988,9z/d...

I service a large area, and have my location based on where i live, the north side of the lake.  I have tried setting specific towns, and currently have it set to a 50mile radius.  When searching for piano tuning while centered over the north side of the lake, I show up just fine.  When searching for piano tuning on the south side of the lake in New Orleans or any area near there, I do not show up at all, despite servicing that area.  Is this due to a large increase in listings? I am trying to figure out if I need to open a "location" in the city in order to even show up.  I am concerned that if i have customers review my north shore listing that I still will never show up on the south shore searches.  I would think that a large number of reviews would bump into searches on more crowded areas, but I don't know for sure. That's what I need to know before I start receiving reviews either on the main listing, or one created specifically for the south shore in new orleans.

Thanks