3.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

poor review from non customer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone who has not used our service has left a one start review on Google. What can I do? It is the only negative review for my new business.

In summary, they claimed to have made a booking for a Sunday, when we are closed. We never confirmed any such booking and on our website we clearly show we are closed. Nevertheless, we offered a free session, which they then didn't use. I'm suspicious the review is from a competitor, as the reviewer has not reviewed any other company.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is extremely unlikely that Google will remove a negative review because often people use anonymous usernames online and there isn't any way to prove their identity. What I would suggest is posting a response after you read this article that gives a ton of great tips on how to reply:

http://blumenthals.com/blog/2010/03/16/responding-to-negative-reviews-the-real-audience-is-your-pros...

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Swan S
April

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You can do nothing! I had an individual with whom I have never done business or had contact of any kind leave me a negative review a year or two ago now. I have contacted google on multiple occasions trying to get it resolved. They will not work with you they will not do anything but promise to "review it", in my case that cannot be done as I have never had contact or done any business with the individual. That is not to mention the profile that made the review seems to be a fake anyway so there is no on to contact and resolve any issues which of course I have been totally open to but it cannot happen as I nor they have any way of contacting a made up profile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar issue.  I am my only employee and would have remembered a conversation with a customer that would lead to a bad review. My company name is Afforable HVAC Service.  There are several companies with a similar name like "Affordable Heating and Air," Affordable Heating and Cooling" etc.  It think the reviewer my have provided to review in error.  Is there no one I can contact to help with this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you know how to post a response on Google Reviews?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

you can remove the review. Please contact GoogleMyBusiness team. Please check the link;

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_na?from=cuf_c2c&visit_id=1-6363302657720102....

Fill in as much as information about your business and the issues you are facing(Please provide screen shots if need be).This team have the option to call, email and chat. I know these team is good in calling back or responding to Customers.

If you are in UK, please call+44 08000260793.

Good luck.

Joe

Re: poor review from non customer

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes;know how to post a review on Google, and yes I know I can call in
about it which I have done numerous times, but guess what Google did
nothing. I do not even know who the person is really and they have no
traceable identity to contact them.

I actually did track them down at least as far as I could the first time I
tried to find out and it was a person who made a fake identity account
trying to start a competing business in my local area guess what Google did
nothing but tell me it was unverifiable it is a fake persona so obviously
it is unverifiable!

--
*Robert B. Medley *
*http://www.rapidtech.computer/*
*(770)755-5845*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have no way of responding to a review from a non-customer.  I have logged in to try to do this in Google My Business but there is no respond to non-user option.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have had the same kind of thing happen. I have no clue who the person that posted a negative review of my company on Google and have never spoken with them. Beyond that the reviewer is untraceable. So I have never been able to get in touch with them to rectify it if it is in fact a real person I tried several times when it was first posted with no outcome. I think it is a review posted by someone locally who was starting a local business of the same type as mine because the only information I could ever find was that it was from a student at the local university who did the same type of business as me. Either way I could never fix it myself even though I tried multiple times and Google won't do anything I have gone through trying to get it fixed through them 3 times since it was posted several years ago and they always refuse to do anything.