AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

my selected cover photo is not appearing as cover photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I uploaded and specified a certain image as my cover photo through the business.google.com page.  Although the image I want to show as my cover photo is represented as such when I go business.google.com, my business on google maps seems to randomly select which image appears as the cover photo.  I cannot seem to control the cover photo whatsoever.  Help please 

Front Page Photography, 166 E 90th St. NY, NY 10128, 516-384-7370, https://goo.gl/maps/cKwH6XGWxKP2,  frontpagephoto.com

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Jen H - We are mostly volunteers on this forum and with that being said there are numerous GMB owners that have listed this same request but unfortunately there is nothing we can do to have Google pick a specific image to display.

The only suggestion that I would offer is to keep updated images within the GMB dashboard. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan, 

Thanks for the response.  I understand if this is out of your and the volunteers realm, but just for clarification, it doesn't make sense. What is the point of this feature in the GMB if it has no bearing on the outcome?

• Cover photo: Showcase your page’s personality. Adding a cover photo automatically sets it as your listing’s preferred photo. This action doesn’t guarantee it populates as the first image for your business, but it does tell Google that you prefer to display this photo/

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

To be on the other side of this, it could be that users would want updated and relevant images of the business when the come across the business listing and this is what Google is trying to accomplish. That's just my .02 cents though :)

I would definitely be interested to hear others opinions on this as well.