AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

my new business has inherited another companies reviews and info ? help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Simply+Thai+@+The+Muay+Thai+Kitchen/@53.5466228,-2.632917,15z/da...

Business : Simply Thai @ The Muay Thai Kitchen

Address: First Floor, 21 Hallgate, Wigan, WN1 1LR

Tel Number: 01942 587091

web: www.simplythaiwigan.co.uk

So i have set up my new business at its premises that is all fine

I have somehow ended up with the ratings from a different business that is now closed (simply thai)

Maybe since i purchased the website from them and it has somehow linked them together however dont want the other companies review

bit worried about how it will affect everything on google etc ...help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Since you are the new owner of an existing business, there will be elements all across the web of the old business carried over to your new business. Some things you will be able to clear and others things you will not. Most web listings are not going to clear/reset the data but Google My Business will most likely clear/reset the business listings if you can provide proof of the legal business name, legal ownership, date of purchase/opening by you and/or the transfer from old owner to the new (you). 

Please contact Google My Business and explain that you are the new owner of an existing business and need to reset the listing. Depending on your unique situation and what is provided to support... it will either happen or not. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: my new business has inherited another companies reviews and info ? help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James what is the best way to contact google my business ? Do they
have a contact tel number ?

Thanks in advance

Iain

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @iain r

The links @James_Clemens provided above all lead to various GMB support channels (you can use any channel you prefer (just click on one of the links below):