1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

google reviews disappeared for All Heart Horse Farm Manvel TX

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just finished a review campaign and I received 5 new 5-star reviews from my clients.  They all appeared, then Thursday morning, 4 of them disappeared.  I got on this board and it was recommended that I move the red marker in Google Maps, and I did.  It immediately retrieved 2 of the 5-star reviews and recalculated my rating to 3.9.  Today, it is recalculated to 3.0 and I'm still missing 3 of the 5-star reviews....can someone please help?  This is the first time I've used this forum to solve a problem with my Google listing, so please forgive any errors.

Thanks,

Heidi

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Heidi

Here a list:

There are some good tips here from Joy Hawkins as to why reviews might get filtered:

URLs in reviews
The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
The person who wrote the review works for you
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
You’ve been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
All the people reviewing you are clicking on a link from an email signature
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
You have literally no reviews anywhere else online but tons on Google
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

The reveiw exceeds a size of ca 4000 characters

But this list is just to give you an impression.
There is nowhere published a complete list

Re: google reviews disappeared for All Heart Horse Farm Manvel TX

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply....I'm betting it was because I received a number of reviews within a short period of time because I asked my long-term clients to review me ASAP.

What is the solution?  They are real reviews from real clients .... are they saved somewhere in a Google cache and can the be retrieved?  Or should I ask those people to re-review me in say one week?

I'm in the middle of my big advertising push, so I'd rather have the reviews posted sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

Best,

Heidi

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Heidi Z

How did you go about asking for the reviews? Was the person sitting beside you at your office, or did you email them to ask for it?

If it was in an email, did you send them a link where they left the review on?

Do you have copies of any of the reviews you lost? If so, can you paste the text here?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I sent an email request to about 15 clients.....I have a very small client database of about only 50 at any one time.....all clients responded from their own computers.

I did not provide an email link to clients....

My instructions said to please review me specifically on Google because all other places on the web my reviews were very high, but for some reason I had only 2 1-stars on Google and from names I did not recognize.  I figured it was easiest to get actual clients to review me on Google rather than get the fake bad reviews removed.

I did not keep a copy of reviews....it didn't occur to me that I needed to.

The clients that responded:  Karen Znoij, Henry Rassmussen, Sandra Clevenger, Gail Schneider, Johelen McCandless, Amanda King, Alexandra Sekora.  I'm sure I can get them to re-review me, but that is quite troublesome for them.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Heidi

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Heidi Z

What is the name, address, & phone # for your business?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business information is:

All Heart Horse Farm

21331 Crossfield Road

Manvel, TX 77578

main phone line:  713-515-1261

Website URL:  www.allhearthorsefarm.com

email is:  info@allhearthorsefarm.com

My name is Heidi Ziemer (I'm the owner)

Thank you!

Best,

Heidi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!  I'm still trying to solve this problem.  I've had several more clients report that they've written 5-star reviews that are then not able to be saved.  Can someone please give me the phone number to call Google about this problem?  Thanks!

Best,

Heidi

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Heidi Z

I'll escalate this and see if Google can take another look at the reviews.  Please note that it normally takes them a couple weeks to review cases but I will report back here when I hear from them.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much....as a small business that depends upon our summer revenue, reviews are especially important at this time of year.

All reviews from my clients are REAL (not purchased), and I can put Google in contact with each client if they would like verification.

Thank you again.

Heidi