deleted

[ Edited ]
j r
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
j r
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business not showing in search because of multiple listings by another business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google does provide guidelines for questions like this. Here's a link

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

The quick answer, is only list your business once for the location.

An exception to that would be in cases where you might have professionals at that location. For example, a doctors office that has 3 doctors. In that case, you would create 1 listing for the location and 1 listing for each doctor. That would be total of 4 listings, but it's one for the actual physical location and 1 for each professional.

In looking at your website, just create 1 listing, optimize it, and work on getting some good reviews at a consistent and steady pace . If you try to hack it, you'll end up doing more harm than good in the long run.

Re: Business not showing in search because of multiple listings by another business?

[ Edited ]
j r
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
j r
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a test 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author j r
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There is a way you can level the playing field. Read this: http://www.joyannehawkins.com/ultimate-guide-fighting-spam-google-maps/

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

[ Edited ]
j r
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
j r
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

deleted

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No, it's an edit submitted to Google. The user might see a notification in the Google My Business dashboard. I would suggest using an anonymous profile if you don't want it attached to your name. Whatever your username is on Google Maps/MapMaker is what they would see IF they knew how to look for it.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual