Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Zero Impressions on Most Posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

Recently I have acquired responsibility of my company's, Excelacom's, social media presence.  I'm having trouble discerning why most of our posts receive zero impressions, while others receive hundreds and sometimes thousands (our top post received 3k impressions, with no hashtags).  Probably around 1 out of 4/5 posts will receive some impressions, even though we post each content into the same 10 or so threads/communities.  There seems to be no correlation between impressions and hashtags/community/length of post/etc.  I was hoping someone might be able to help me discover what's causing the drastic differences in impressions.  

The URL for my company's Google+ is: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+excelacom/posts

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Zero Impressions on Most Posts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris T

Google+ is a whole nother kettle of fish in terms of social media, it also has a lot less users and I notice that you have 80 followers which could be part of the reason.

I also see that all your posts are posted via a community and not publicly on your page, I guess some communities are more active then others.

Like any social media, you need to connect with your audience and engage with them.

PS: That is a Brand Page, so you may want to also ask in the Google+ Community:

https://plus.google.com/communities/115758385206378551362

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Zero Impressions on Most Posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Tim - I really appreciate the feedback.  I've tried to discern if any of the communities are performing better than the others and have had no luck, but I will keep trying.  I've also reached out to the Google+ help community and was directed here, so I'll try possibly reaching out to Google directly.

Again, thank you for the feedback!