AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong directions in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The driving directions to the Art Hotel Riposo in Ascona are wrong.

This is the business link

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Art+Hotel+Riposo/@46.1567531,8.768655,18.89z/data=!4m24!1m16!4m15!1m6!1m2!1s0x4785c9fcdf682823:0xff9107992fea3a9a!2sLocarno!2m2!1d8.7942643!2d46.1669988!1m6!1m2!1s0x4785c869802463f9:0x6297ac28859108d2!2sArt+Hotel+Riposo,+Scalinata+della+Ruga+4,+6612+Ascona!2m2!1d8.7667516!2d46.1558002!3e0!3m6!1s0x4785c869802463f9:0x6297ac28859108d2!5m1!1s2018-06-12!8m2!3d46.1558002!4d8.7667516

If you search for driving directions G Maps guide you to a longer way that actually end with a stair and don't allow the guest to reach the Hotel by car. Please note the "Via Borgo" is a pedestrian way but the guest of the hotel are allowed to access that street with the car. This is actually the only way to reach the hotel private parking. See attached the correct way highlighted in red.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Art Hotel R
June

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello @Art Hotel R  &  @Daniele B

you and  your guests can  be happy and go lucky with  an  appropriate fix made by  Google.

Directins to the hotel seem fixed now (guest  coming  by cars  won't anymore directed to the unusable  stairways north  of the hotel but instead now  correctly to the  pillars  point  at the  "Via Borgo")

Apparently  the team  did not find a way  to "continue" the directions  from "east  to west" to the  hotel  behind  the  pillar point.
This  would  be  the optimal fix.

I  personally  consider this a  minor issue and hope you will be  also happy as well with the actual fix  considering  and defining  the  pillar point  as kind  of an  "access point" for the  hotel. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

So  ar yousaying  this  dottedline pedestrian  dirction  as  per https://goo.gl/maps/mMhZx2bsGkp  areallowed for cars  as  well?

Can  you provide any  evidence about  this?

I.e.a photo of  the  street signs allowing  car  to drive  to your  hotel?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Wrong directions in Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler, thank you for your help.

Yes exactly the pedestrian way you highlighted is accessible by car for the hotel guest & local residents of that area and suppliers.

Here a couple of pictures

This is at the entrance of Via Borgo, where the guest can request access

Here is Via Borgo, you can see a car parked

Here the entrance of Vicolo della Ruga

And here the end of Vicolo della Ruga, just before the stair. On the left the entrance of the Hotel Private Parking

I hope this can be fixed cause the actual direction cause major problem to our guest that try to reach the hotel by car.

PS: The directions info are listed on the Hotel website but not all the guest check them. Sometimes they just enter the driving direction on gmaps.

http://www.hotelriposo.ch/en/directions

http://www.hotelriposo.ch/media/46897/anreiseplan-en.pdf

I wait for your feedback. Thank you.

Best regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi  @Art Hotel R

Iunderstand now better  the  problem and believe it  a big challenge to get it fixed by Google.

In order to  getthis  doneand better to explain it to them I  would like knowing  where  exactly on  your  red drawn line o my blue  line  according https://goo.gl/maps/r32htQhxs3D2  are the pillars  to let down (hidden)  by calling you via  the remote button at the pillars ("Press the upper button at the pillar and confirm your arrival at the hotel riposo")

Please  makea  rightclick onMapsat the locationf this  pillars  and  then "what's here"(you will gtshown then   the  decimal latitude /longitude)of th coordinates of the pillars.

Paste  this coordinates here please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler, thank you

This is the location: 46.156567, 8.768896

It is visible from this google street picture:

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.156754,8.7689919,3a,39.6y,30.4h,92.2t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipOHns...

Re: Wrong directions in Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks @Daniele B

Is this the pilar in question:

screenshot-www.google.com-2018.06.18-14-17-08.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler, yes, this is where they can request access. The moving pillars are just 2m ahead, they are not visible on that picture.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

ITs  for sure one of the strangest  direction  issues I dealt with and I can't guarantee Google can fix it.

But I  now  made an escalation and requested to fix it  as per this directions  for  bicyclists

Fingercrossing  they  can help.   

Accepted by topic author Art Hotel R
June

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello @Art Hotel R  &  @Daniele B

you and  your guests can  be happy and go lucky with  an  appropriate fix made by  Google.

Directins to the hotel seem fixed now (guest  coming  by cars  won't anymore directed to the unusable  stairways north  of the hotel but instead now  correctly to the  pillars  point  at the  "Via Borgo")

Apparently  the team  did not find a way  to "continue" the directions  from "east  to west" to the  hotel  behind  the  pillar point.
This  would  be  the optimal fix.

I  personally  consider this a  minor issue and hope you will be  also happy as well with the actual fix  considering  and defining  the  pillar point  as kind  of an  "access point" for the  hotel. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Best regards