My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Social Media handling on Google+ and thats not next level!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google,

I am a bit upset that i can't change/adjust my Google username (social media handle / link ) to the same name which i have on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest and so on.  Everywhere it is MEMMOSDubai .

Just here on Google+ i am forced to use what is suggested and this is either MEMMOSae  or i have the option to put  MEMMOSaeXXXXXXXXXXX (XXXXX stands for my custom ending.  See here: http://prntscr.com/a6o2zm

This doesnt fit my branding. This is against our corporate social media identity. It is surely not the next level to have everywhere the identical name but on google+ a different. This way it doesnt even make sense to include google+ in our company brochure and even to run traffic and build the google+ profile.  

I am sure i am not the only person who suffers from this issue.  I hope you Google guys agree with me.

Could somebody please manually fix this issue and adjust my company to MEMMOSDubai ? 

This is the current link:  https://business.google.com/u/0/b/117778614473623442968/dashboard/l/08760863140975269146?hl=en

Thanks, Sheikh M Mende

CEO of MEMMOS Enterprises LLC

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Social Media handling on Google+ and thats not next level!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Sheikh M,

Thanks for writing! I understand how it can be frustrating when you are not able to attain the exact custom URL that you're looking for. Unfortunately, we are only able to grant you the custom URLs that show up in your profile when you go in and request them. We don't have any way to manually update to something other than the pre-selected options. For more information on custom URLs, please feel free to check out this article.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best,
Liz

GMB Community Manager