6.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Location On Knowledge Graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have five Google Business locations and the knowledge graph shows the same location regardless of were you are. I assumed it displayed the closest location but that doesn't seem to be working. If the knowledge graph is always going to show the same location, it would be better if that location was where are central offices are. How do we change which location is shown? I can edit info under each location but I need to edit the knowledge graph. If I try to "Suggest an edit" it will update the address for the location that is showing. I tried that unfortunately, now I have to re-verify that location. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Location On Knowledge Graph

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @pinelakechurch

You can use the feedback option below the KP box.

However, Google chooses to show which according to the users search location / query and IP or mobile phone location.

How are you determining they show the same ?

The second part is how have you presented your locations to Google on your site >> Google is only as good as your structured data.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response.

Using the feedback link while logged in will change the info for the location listed and not the info on the knowledge graph. "If I try to "Suggest an edit" it will update the address for the location that is showing. I tried that unfortunately, now I have to re-verify that location"

It seems the issue is Google isn't showing the location based on the user's location and that is the main problem. I am at one of the locations and it shows the same location it always does, which is not the closest location to me. I've tried from different locations and had other people try as well and it still shows the same location for all of us.

I agree about the structured data. We are launching a new site soon and will put more effort towards that content.

Thanks for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Knowledge Graph showing wrong location. Can someone please help shed some light on this? Even when I use my phone, which is using my location for sure, it is not showing the closest location. Knowledge Graphs seem to be buggy for businesses with multiple locations. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @pinelakechurch

So initially I gave you a broad answer, because you never provide any business details, screenshots, explanation whatsoever.

Please, if you want me to expand, I need specifics.

Addresses, urls, screenshots as to what the problem is. I cannot magically help you without details.

Thanks

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For sure. Working on those now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here are our locations.

816 East Northside Drive, Clinton, MS 39056

223 Old Jackson Road, Madison, MS 39110

6071 Highway 25, Brandon, MS 39047

200 Highway 25 South, Starkville, MS 39759

I noticed if you search "Pinelake Church near Clinton, MS" it will show the Clinton campus. However is you search a nearby city it will show, what appears to be, the default location (attached). Our mailing address shows Brandon as the city but we are actually in Flowood. If you search "Pinelake Church near Flowood, MS" it will show the attached location, Madison.

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 2.58.23 PM.png

I'm at the Brandon location now and if I search from my iPhone, once again I get the Madison location. Safari app and Google Maps app both display the Madison location. Picture 1 = Safari App > Google. Picture 2 = Google Maps app search from the location of the thrid picture.

IMG_1497.PNGIMG_1498.PNGIMG_1499.PNG