6.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Business is Showing up on Brand Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When the company I work for sold a key division, the Google Business page got taken over and renamed by the new division.

I created a new Google My Business page, but the old one page (which has a different name and a different address) is still showing up when you Google my clients brand name.

Is there a way to contact customer service to get this fixed or is it just a waiting game?

https://www.google.com/search?q=melvin+mark&oq=melvin+mark&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i60j0j69i59j0.3134j...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Business is Showing up on Brand Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi nerves76

I'm assuming the search result is for your client's brand name? Can you provide the actual Maps listing for your client's new listing to make sure we're all talking about the same results?

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, the brand name is Melvin Mark

Here is the correct business listing https://plus.google.com/+MelvinMarkCompaniesCommercialRealEstatePortland

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi nerves76

Part of the false response is because Google places quite a bit of trust in that old GMB page being the correct source for your client.

I'll see if my Community Manager can do anything to break that nexus and have the correct knowledge panel returned.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That would be wonderful. Can I talk to your community manager? Is there a timeframe that you think this will be fixed?