AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Business Appearing on Google Search + Map Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've verified my business page Advantage Living Center Wayne. When I search for this location I get the map for Advantage Living Center Harper Woods(page is also verified]. How do I correct this issue?

Untitled.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Business Appearing on Google Search + Map Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
FIrst, you should know that it's against Google's guidelines to add a descriptor to a page's business name. Check out the quality guidelines - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

If the Wayne page was only recenly verified, it needs some time to build trust and authority with Google. Is it a brand new location?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan,
No it's not a brand new location or business. The name of the facility has recently changed. If you Google the old name Wayne Health & Rehab it appears with a map and the correct name.
Regarding descriptor, I'm not understanding.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Did you update the name of the existing listing in GMB, or did you create a new listing?
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky